Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Beauty Box 5 (August 2014)
Ugh... I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. I'm pretty disappointed in this month's Beauty Box 5, and that's hard for me to say because BB5 has been without a doubt my favorite subscription sample box. So much in fact, when my finances are less than stellar, it's the only one I keep.
Each Beauty Box 5 comes with a handy card detailing each product they have included this month.
1) Nanacoco Lip Gloss in First Kiss - "Your lips deserve a rush of color and shine with no stickiness attached.! We adore Nanacoco's gloss because it's packed full of pigments and vitamin E to keep your sassy pout poppin' and nourished at the same time." There is no chance I can pull off this dark fuchsia color so it will be going in the swap pile. I wish they could somehow personalize the colors received because a nice neutral would've made a great addition to my collection.
2) Style Essentials Nail Polish - "Bored with plain polish? Wave hello to shiny, exciting nail! This lavish lacquer adds a pretty dash of color and fun finish to your digits, and the easy-to-apply brush makes switching to a new hue simple." This is a blue and white confetti polish and has no name to describe the color. I'm sorry, but I'm 35 years old. I like trying new fun looks. It's just that confetti is pushing the age-appropriateness line.
3) Pur~lisse Pur-protect SPF 30 - "This lightweight moisturizer has the perfect amount of SPF to protect your pretty face and won't upset sensitive complexions." SNORE! Every box this summer has contained Pur~lisse. I couldn't be more sick of seeing these show up.
4) La Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes - "Since they condition with vitamin E, aloe and cucumber, they're gentle enough for all skin types and calm your complexion in a snap." No way I'm fitting anything else in my purse, so I guess these will be going in the restroom.
5) ROUX Anti-Aging Hair Serum - "This leave-in elixir of vitamins A and E, biotin, keratin, and UV filters is straight TLC for your tresses! It strengthens your locks to make them look younger while adding moisture and brightness for a fortified finish." This is the only product that I'm looking forward to trying. Unfortunately it will have to wait until after my hair project blog has been completed. Look for a review of ROUX in a future random products review post. Luckily for me, not only is this a better hair care product than those who received similar boxes as me, it is also worth the box price so at least I got my money's worth.
Needless to say, I'm not exactly thrilled with this BB5, especially since I gave up Birchbox this month. My expectations are very high for September.