This month's box was once again filled with more boxes. :-)
Actually everything appeared very elegant. I'm feeling a little hoity-toity about trying it all, like I'm about to have my own little spa day.
Here we go:
1) Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face - Think I love this stuff. It's very creamy and leaves a matte softness to your skin. I was afraid of the tint because of my ivory coloring, but it didn't really make a difference. The 0.17oz sample I would refer to as deluxe because it doesn't take much at all to coat your face. I'll probably get at least ten uses from the small tube.
2) Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion - This generous 1.5oz sample is an antioxidant-rich moisturizer that smooths and softens with botanicals like grape seed. It goes on not too thick and dries quickly, leaving no greasy feeling on your skin, but instead a luxurious silkiness that lasts for hours. There's not much of a scent. It is just light and fresh.
3) Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum - "A blend of mandarin, rose and sandalwood that evokes a carefree, summertime vibe." Packaged in a nice 0.5mL spray bottle, the scent is little bit strong, and a little bit mature for me. Sandlewood seems to be the base note so there's a muskiness to it. The fragrance is not unpleasant at all. It's just missing the freshness and clean smell that I prefer.
4) Number 4 Hair Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner - The shampoo came in a 1oz bottle which should be good for two uses, but the conditioner was a foil packet. I usually like foil packets even though there's normally only one application because of all the samples I receive, but not when it's conditioner. I would have needed two to saturate all of my hair. I used it along with a little of my normal conditioner. Personally, I wasn't impressed with either product. The smell is a tad old-ladyish. Not too overwhelming but just enough to get on your nerves.
5) Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - This 20g tube is a good size for a long trial period. I just didn't like the grittiness. The micro-crystals were too small to get cleaned off well. I'm still getting little chunks of exfoliate out of the corners of my eyes.
I was pretty blown away by my first Birchbox from May, which is good because I wasn't impressed with this one. The body lotion and sunscreen were great finds, so it's worth it. I will definitely be buying more Coola... or maybe I'll get lucky and get more in a future beauty box.