Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Glossybox (March 2016)

Glossybox is a monthly subscription that delivers beauty products - hair care, skin care, makeup, perfumes, tools, etc. to your door for $21 per month if you buy the monthly plan, but that price goes down if you buy a 3-, 6- or 12-month subscription.

Glossybox carries some of the best brands in beauty. Each box contains five items from full-sized to deluxe samples. Following are the contents of my February box:

ONESTA Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner (3oz, ~$5.67 shampoo, (3oz, $6.00 conditioner) - Color safe for all hair types, Onesta's shampoo and conditioner are exactly what your winter-ravaged locks need. Between the rosemary, Willow bark and lemongrass, this formula works together with natural amino acids to reduce static and enhance shine.

HOW. EXCITING. For once, samples of shampoo and conditioner that are large enough to see some results. AND you get both. So many subscriptions only send one or the other. The shampoo smells intoxicating of lemon, and while the conditioner doesn't have a strong smell, it is pleasant.

I LOVE... COSMETICS Super Soft Hand Lotion (2.5oz, $6.00 FULL-SIZE!- Need a burst of summer scents to bring you back to the beach during the cold winter months? Reminiscent of all things fresh, this hand lotion is exactly what the doctor ordered to keep you inspired and moisturized.

LUXIE BEAUTY Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush 504 ($16.00 FULL-SIZE!) - Designed to fit the natural contours of the face, this angled brush is ideal for contouring and highlighting. Its super soft bristles define your natural bone structure and leave a traceless, smooth finish.

Okay, I can never get enough hand creams. This one is coconut-y but not over the top. Scent reminds me of pie. This isn't greasy and leaves your skin very soft. I'm not sure about the brush. I'm sure it's lovely, but I have so many, and I don't even really use products that require a brush. I'll pass this on to my more makeup-friendly peeps.

TOO FACED Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Chihuahua (0.16oz, $8.40- If you haven't heard yet, liquid lipstick is where it's at! Get the lasting power of a stain, the intense color of a lipstick, and the high shine of a gloss in one product.

EYEKO Eye Do Liquid Liner (0.04oz, ~$11.43) - Alexa Chung can tell you that this is definitely not just another liquid liner. This carbon black formula promotes longer, fuller lashes as well as helps to create the perfect cat eye.

The lipstick I'm sure is great. I like Too Faced Products, but I'm not convinced it's my color so I'm going back and forth between keeping or passing. I've never had much luck with liquid liner, but I'm always willing to try a new one. Hopefully I'll find it to work better than others.

This box had a total value of $61.30. That's really good. I'm also going to keep at least four of the products... maybe five. There was also a great variety of products. As usual, I'm looking forward to next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment