Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Allure Beauty Box (March 2016)

*UNLIKE MANY OF MY PREVIOUS BOXES, IN ORDER TO CATCH UP, THIS WILL ONLY BE AN UNBOXING UNLESS THERE'S SOMETHING EASY TO REVIEW*

Allure Beauty Box is one of my favorite subscription services. A little background:

"Allure editors uncover the most noteworthy beauty products on the market, from hair and makeup to skin care, fragrance, and more. Then, they personally try and review each product, hand-selecting the ones they love — and know you'll love, too. And finally, here comes the fun: a glossy red box is delivered directly to your doorstep filled with the expert-approved products that are sure to become your new favorites."

Here's what's included:
  • Five to seven deluxe-size beauty samples—so you can use each one more than once
  • Curated mix of skin, hair, and makeup products, as well as fragrance
  • Allure mini-mag, packed with in-depth beauty sample product reviews written by Allure editors
I really dig the mini-mag. Very professional and so much information on the products! Definitely the best, most descriptive tool I've seen in any box. Each page has a "What It Is," "How It Looks/Feels," "Why We Like It" and the retail price of the full-sized item. Some products have a "What It Does," as well as a "Key Ingredients" list. A lot of people have allergies or find certain ingredients affect their skin in negative ways, so I think this bonus information is great.

Here's what I received:

MACADAMIA PROFESSIONAL Ultra Rich Moisture Cleansing Conditioner (2oz, $5.20) - A cleansing conditioner that gently removes buildup while softening and defrizzing. Key ingredients are macadamia oil, argan oil, and shea butter.

DP HUE ACV (1oz, ~$4.18) - A vinegar-based rinse that give hair a deep clean. Gently removes buildup from hair without stripping away its natural oils. Key ingredients include argan oil, aloe vera, glycerin, and apple cider vinegar.

The conditioner has a soft, fresh smell. The rinse smells very much like vinegar. However, I very much look forward to using them together.

JULEP Konjac Cleansing Face Sponge ($12 FULL-SIZE) - An all-natural exfoliating sponge that buffs away the muck from your face, leaving a softer, smoother complexion. Includes charcoal which unclogs pores.

NUNZIO SAVIANO Anti-Frizz Sheets (2 @ $1.50 each) - Oil-infused hair-smoothing sheets that tame frizz. Key ingredients are coconut oil, castor oil, and dimethiconol.

I've been interested in the face sponge since I first saw them on Julep's website. Julep's products are very high-quality. At first I only use their polishes, but have enjoyed their hand cleaners and hand lotions immensely. I've also recently became a fan of their lip glosses and shadows. I'm not sure about the anti-frizz sheets... Do I use them or do I pass them on? I haven't decided yet.

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder (0.035oz, ~$3.97) - A loose, translucent finishing powder. It's white in the container but disappears on the skin.

CARGO Bronzer in Medium and Blush in Catalina (0.105oz, $26.00) - A powder bronzer and a pearly pink blush in one container. The caramel-colored powder blends easily over skin for a streak-free finish. The pearly pink blush is a supersoft and silky powder that goes on smoothly and just a touch of shimmer.

L'OREAL PARIS Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor in Violet Parfait (0.1oz, $12.99 FULL-SIZE) - This is the long-lasting, transfer-resistant color you’ve been searching for. The high-intensity color glides on with a moisturizing feel that lasts up to 24 hours.The result: bold lips without the dry-out and no need to re-apply. Step 1: Apply High Intensity Color for true color pay-off that resists transfer, fading & bleeding. Step 2: Apply Pro-Seal Balm to lock in color and leave lips feeling moisturized.

I probably won't be using any of these products. I don't use makeup often enough to require microfinish powder. I almost never use bronzer (I'm white as a ghost) or blush (kinda naturally blessed with pink cheeks - don't hate), and the lip color is not complimentary to my tea-stained teeth. See, I said don't hate.

I calculate this March box to have a value of $67.34. The value is there but there's not much variety. However the products I will use sound amazing. Can't wait to see what's next!

1 comment: