Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Nature Box (March 2016)

I'm really excited to be reviewing Nature Box once again. They have such a wide variety of options - from healthy to indulgent - to satisfy any craving should be easy. They scour the globe and partner with only the best growers and producers to bring you delicious snacks. They combine unique flavors, with ingredients you can pronounce, to create great snacks you may not want to share.

It's time to change the way you think about snacking.


The first treat I tried was the Dried White Peaches. "White peaches are known for their softer texture and sweeter taste than their tangier cousin yellow peaches. Just don’t tell the yellow peaches we said that, they are really sensitive. With this dried version of our favorite summertime fruit, you’ll never have to worry about the pits."

The second treat I tried was the Apple Pie Oat Clusters. "These Apple Pie Oat Clusters combine the sweet taste of freshly baked apple pies with the crunchy goodness of oatmeal cookies. These bit-sized clusters are perfect right out of the bag but even better atop a scoop of vanilla yogurt. But we doubt you'll have any left for that!"

I especially liked the dried white peaches. I like peaches but not peach-flavored stuff. Being that these are real peaches, and I LURVE dried fruit, these were right up my alley. The apple pie oat clusters were delicious but also something you can find at the grocery. I kind of expect a little more originality with these treats. Still... very good.

I next tried the Simply Smoky Nut Mix"We don’t know about you, but we like our nuts smoky. Smoke-flavored peanuts and almonds are perfectly roasted and tossed with crunchy sesame sticks for a savory snack, perfect just about anytime of day. Don’t worry, we’ve done the research."

Then I had the Cheddar and Onion Sunflower Kernels. "These babies are made with real (yes real!) white cheddar cheese and onions for maximum goodness. Just in case seeding and spitting is not really your thing, we’ve gone ahead and removed the shell on these flavor-packed kernels for an easy topper on your lunchtime salad or homemade hummus. Okay, so you didn’t make that hummus but don’t worry we’re not tellin’."

I'll be honest, the smokiness of the nut mix was good, but a little overwhelming. I liked the all of the components, just a bit less smokiness. I did not care for the sunflower seeds and I love sunflower seeds. I suppose I need to stick with salted ones going forward.

The last one I tried was not what I was supposed to get. I was supposed to get Dried Pears. I got Vanilla Bean Wafers. But Nature Box was quick to rectify the situation. I'll be getting the dried pears as an extra in my April box.

So as for the vanillla bean wafers. "Here’s a premium take on the classic vanilla wafer, made with ingredients you can pronounce like flour, butter, and sugar. Light, airy and crisp these bite-sized wafers are made with real vanilla beans. But don’t take our word for it—each wafer is packed with visible flecks of vanilla goodness."

First, these were very tasty. But I don't care for hard cookies. The texture of anything hard (chips, etc.) remind me of nails on a chalk board. However, I will say, the flavor was remarkable. Very simple, a nice butteriness (not a word?), and just the right amount of vanilla. You'll probably love them if the crunchy texture isn't a turnoff. 

This month wasn't a slam-dunk but everything can't always be perfect. I am looking forward to seeing how my snacks taste in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment