Memebox

Memebox

Friday, November 6, 2015

Mugler Addict (September 2015) by Thierry Mugler

I had been wrestling with becoming a Mugler Addict for a while, because I'm not much of a perfumista.  I get tons of samples from subscription boxes and sites like Sephora, and I have designed my own fragrance which is already perfect for me.  In fact, I'm allergic to many perfumes and some give me headaches.  So why would I want to become a Mugler Addict?

Because I'm addicted to subscription boxes.  That's why.





There's a card in each package.  This one reads on the front:

"Embark on an enchanting journey!"

"This summer, escape to the world of Mugler where dreams and fantasies come true.  Delight all your senses with a unique combination of scents and textures just for you."

"Dare to explore new fascinating territories and an explosive new scent!"

The back of the card describes all of the products that were included in this quarter's box.

ANGEL EAU DE TOILETTE (0.1oz, ~$4.86) - The exquisite ANGEL Eau de Toilette reveals a new dream.  The uniqueness of ANGEL reinterpreted as an addictive fragrance, sensual, provocative and finely nuanced.

ANGEL Perfuming Hair Mist (0.17oz, $6.80) - Give a burst of freshness to your hair.  This delicious and featherlight perfuming hair mist leaves a clean, long-lasting feeling, while infusing your hair with the celestial scent of ANGEL.

First, I love that the Angel Eau de Toilette came in an adorable mini.  It's a little on the powdery side and strong of alcohol on first smell, but once on the skin, it fades into a lovely light fragrance.  I LOVE the hair mist!  It has the beautiful scent of Angel, but I also pick up some fruitiness.  I will use this frequently.  Very fresh.
 
LE EXCEPTIONS - CUIR IMPERTINENT (0.05oz, ~$4.17) - Disruptive. Addictive. Timeless.  The smokiness of tanned leather meets the unexpected explosion of star anise to create a unique scent.  Perfume yourself with brazen sensuality...

ALIEN Radiant Shower Gel (1oz, ~$6.76) - Enriched with oil, the silky texture of ALIEN Radiant Shower Gel turns into delicate foam when wet.  Experience an instant of pure pleasure and refreshing cleanliness.

I'm a big fan of Le Exceptions Cuir Impertinent.  It's super sexy.  I love the star anise smell and it fades into the tanned leather.  Great addition to the Thierry Mugler line.  The shower gel is so soft and sensual and does not leave a strong perfumey smell after use.  Just a nice, fresh scent.

A*MEN EAU DE TOILETTE (0.04oz, ~$1.88) - A*MEN, Thierry Mugler's first masculine fragrance for the adventurous, confident and distinctive.  This fiery woody fragrance will help you accomplish all your missions of seduction.

BONUS!  MUGLER SIGNATURE LUGGAGE TAG - This summer, travel in style with your very own Mugler luggage tag.

I am not usually a fan of men's colognes, but I would wear this myself!  It has the standard Angel smell with the woodiness that just tips it to masculine.  I don't think, however, that my husband will like it because it does come across as unisex.  But if he does I will be very pleased.  The luggage tag is a wonderful addition to this box.  Mugler does a nice job with their bonus items.  This tag is well-made and will look great on my luggage.

A Mugler Addict subscription is $50 per year and you get four boxes a year, which comes out to $12.50 a box.  If I cannot find the same product size on the site for sale, I figure the cost of the fragrance samples and minis based on the 1.7oz size, or what's available.  Not including the value of the luggage tag which I am unable to determine, the total value was $24.47, so that's a great value, especially since I will use everything!

So far, I'm really glad that I decided to become a Mugler Addict.  Wish I'd done it sooner.  Cannot wait to see what they have in store for me next quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment