Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Treatsie (August 2015)

Treatsie is hands-on down my favorite food/snack subscription service.  I mean, who does not love high-quality chocolates and sweets? 


Each month you get a box of the best gourmet sweets from ever-changing vendors all over the country.  A monthly subscription costs $14.95 plus $5 shipping.  If you buy a 6- or 12-month subscription, you'll see that price go down per box.

Treatsie is exciting because there is such a wide variety of sweets that they send... hard candies, brittles and candy bars, cookies, caramels, gummies, brownies, marshmallows, lollipops, taffy, and all kinds of really exotic treats.

Each Treatsie box comes with a handy card describing each product included.  This month's card also had a map of where the candies came from to be used in a contest.  Here they are:

GREY GHOST BAKERY

Chocolate Chip Cookies (2 for $2.50) - A new take on one of America's favorite sweets!  Toasted, chopped pecans have been added, along with a hint of sweet molasses and rich chocolate chips.

Peanut Butter Cookies (2 for $2.50) - Just like grandma used to make... maybe even a little better!  Perfect when paired with a tall glass of cold milk.

I thought something was strange when I gobbled up the chocolate chip cookies without reading the card, but couldn't put my finger on it.  The pecans are subtle but you can taste them.  I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the hard texture of the chocolate chip cookies, but I loved the similar texture in the peanut butter cookies.  There's a sugary crust on it.  They're delicious.

WALKER CREEK CONFECTIONS Sea Salt Caramels ($8) - Handmade in small batches, these soft and buttery caramels are the perfect mixture of sweet and salty.

There's nothing more to say than that.  They are soft and buttery, perfectly sweet and salty.  I like that they're not hard because I have sensitive teeth and biting down into a hard, chewy caramel sets my nerve endings on fire.  These melt in your mouth.

BUTTERFIELDS CANDIES

Peach Buds ($2.75 per bag) - This delicious combination of fresh peach nectar and sublime coconut is Butterfields' signature flavor.

Lemon Buds ($2.75 per bag) - These flavorful lemon candies are reminiscent of breezy summer days with a cool glass of fresh lemonade on the front porch.

Honeybell Buds ($2.75 per bag) - The result of nectar pressed from tender orange blossoms, these are the truest flavor of the Sunshine State since the Florida orange.

I had received the Peach Buds as a bonus in an earlier box from Treatsie, and I wasn't too fond of them.  I like peaches, and these taste like peaches, but I've never liked peach-flavored candy.  However, the Lemon and Honeybell Buds are right up my alley.  They were sweet and citrus-y, without being too tart or overwhelming.

I LOVE Treatsie!  I can't indulge often.  I try to get a box every three months or so.  This one was actually accidentally sent to me.  That was one happy accident.  The variety and surprise of discovering new sweets is fun and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment