Memebox

Memebox

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Random Product Reviews - Lipstick Queen

I'd been eyeing Lipstick Queen's lip products ever since I first ran across them in a Google search.  Their lipsticks were just too expensive for me at $22 each.  But I recently received an email with a deal that was too good to pass up.  They were selling 3-packs of lipsticks for $24 (or $8 each), and 3-packs of lip crayons for $14 (or ~$4.67 each).  Plus with a $60 purchase I could get free shipping, which gave me cause to choose another color that I have been coveting to round out my order.  Everything arrived beautifully wrapped in this adorable red bag.

Queen Bee - Nourishing nectar, honey shimmer ($22.00)

Oozing with nourishing ingredients to soothe, repair and hydrate your pout, Queen Bee is an unctuous lip treatment with a glamorous bronze gold finish. Enriched with Royal Jelly, which ensures lips remain super soft and plump, it also contains chamomile and sunflower extract to help soothe sore, chapped lips.

I liked this color a lot (see the first set of lips on the photo below).  Being a 90's girl, bronze, brownish, and nude lips are my thing.  It felt like velvet on my lips and smelled heavenly of honey.
 
HALL OF FAME ($24.00)

A star-studded line up of best-sellers, these three universally flattering shades bestow a natural, youthful beauty to the lips. This enchanting trio is the ultimate capsule collection of nourishing and ultra-wearable sheer kisses of color!  Three intensely nourishing formulations enriched with Shea Butter, Aloe Vera and Vitamins E, C and B.





Medieval - Sheer, sexy hint of flattering red

During medieval times, when lipstick was considered a sin, women used the natural acidity of lemons to bring forth a natural blood-red stain on their lips. This flattering look has been recreated by Poppy in this best-selling tint. Medieval is purely Vitamin E and pigment, making it silky to wear and divinely transparent. And best of all it makes your skin look flawless.  The red anyone can wear!

Jean Queen - Super sheer, JEANious shade

The ultimate shade to wear with denim as it perfectly offsets the blue in the fabric and lights up your whole face. Over the last 20 years of designing lipsticks and glosses, Poppy was often asked, "What is the perfect shade to wear with jeans?" so she decided to create it.  Suits all skin tones, ethnicities, ages and jean styles.  It is a gentle step up from nude, restoring natural youthful beauty to the lips without being overbearing

Butterfly Ball in Float - Pale shimmering nude

The light, airy and magical look of the butterfly wing is the ultimate in glamour produced exclusively by Mother Nature. All the subtle Butterfly Ball shades pay tribute to this. They are as sheer as a butterfly wing with a beautiful hint of shimmer and Iridescence when they catch the light. The formula is incredibly wet, soft and moisturizing to condition your lips, while dressing them at the same time.  The subtle flash of blue pearl in each shade is flattering on the lips and helps teeth appear whiter.

I'm a fan of all of these colors, and how nurturing they are to my lips.  I was impressed with how the Butterfly Ball DID make my teeth appear whiter, which is something I'm always looking for.  The pigments are pretty light, but that's great for me as I don't look for my lipstick to be the statement makeup on my face.  I like to accentuate my large hazel-green eyes.

Left to right: Queen Bee, Medieval, Jean Queen, Butterfly Ball in Float, Mystery, Thriller, Catalina

THREE TO CAPTIVATE CHINATOWN MINI GLOSSY PENCIL TRIO ($14.00)
 
This is your ultimate wardrobe for glamour-on-the-go. The much-imitated yet never-bettered formulation of Chinatown gives lips a wash of sheer color in three flattering shades and the moisturizing texture keeps lips soft and supple at all times thanks to nourishing Shea and Mango Butters. This is your lip liner, lipstick and gloss all rolled into one tiny package and presented as an excellent value set of three. Get ready to be captivated! 

Mystery - Sheer, vibrant purple
Thriller - Sheer scarlet red
Catalina - Sheer flirty-yet-subtle pink

Inspired by Roman Polanski’s ‘Chinatown’ film, this quirky new take on lip gloss is the ultimate purse essential. In eight sheer shades of vibrant brights and feminine nudes, these deliciously moisturizing chubby pencils offers the lips a light pop of buildable color, perfect for on-the-go use. Fuss-free and flattering, getting creative with your lips is child’s play!

I am all aboard the lip crayon train!  It's great to be able to define my cupid's bow with the same product that I'm coloring my lips with.  These were slightly more highly pigmented than the lipsticks, but still subtle.  I liked the formula, how they made my lips feel, and the beautiful hues in this set.

Yep, I'm a fan of Lipstick Queen.  I can't wait for the next sale so I can try out some of their more radical shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment