Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Your Bijoux Box (July 2015)

"Your Bijoux Box will arrive at your doorstep containing 3 pieces of jewelry, hand curated by Shana. The jewelry we select is on-trend, versatile and wearable,  and you will receive at least $100 worth of jewelry each month. We scrutinize hundreds of pieces of jewelry until we find just the right ones for the box. The sparkles in the box might include a long layering necklace, a fun statement collar, a pretty piece of arm candy."

Your Bijoux Box generously sent this box for me to review, but all opinions expressed are my own. 
Your Bijoux Box is only $35 per month (free shipping), renews monthly and is delivered straight to your door.  If you buy 3, 6 or 12-month subscriptions, the price goes down per box.  Each necklace or bracelet you receive from Your Bijoux Box retails for at least $35, and very often much more.
The boxes come immaculately wrapped, each piece in its own pretty bag, and includes a helpful card detailing all of the pieces they chose for the month, plus tips on how to style your new pieces.

July's theme is "Happy 4th of July," which was a little disheartening because June's theme was "Summer Stripes," so it kind of felt like another Independence Day theme.  I would've been more excited for a drastically different vision for this box.  However, the jewelry speaks for itself.


The first piece I unwrapped was the Art Deco Collar.

"Art Deco jewelry is marked by its geometry and symmetry and this gorgeous collar reminds us of the beautiful lines of the Chrysler Building in New York.  Solid colors and simple lines will highlight this timeless piece."

At first I was skeptical about this piece.  It just didn't seem like it was my style, so I dressed it up with a drastically different light pink blouse and liked it quite a bit.  I don't know that it is something I would wear frequently, but I do appreciate the silver and beautiful painting of the acrylics.

The next package included the Meridian Silver Bracelet.


"This sparkler was designed to complement the Meridian Silver Pendant from our May box.  We love the beachy vibe!  It pairs well with blues and greens and will give a pop of color to any all-white ensembles."

I was ecstatic when I pulled out this piece.  I knew somewhere I had a lovely statement ring along the same lines.  It's not exactly the same but very close.  I love big costume jewelry.


What was sad was that I really wanted that pendant necklace from May (see bottom, last picture on the right).  This is so right up my alley.  I probably wouldn't pair it with so many statement rings as I did in the pic on the left, but it will definitely be one of my go-to pieces.

The last item I opened were the Tiny Fishie Earrings.

"Sweet little preppy-chic fish earrings are a whimsical not to Summer.  Wear with our fave outfit of the season, a starched poplin midi skirt, comfortable tee and a pair of barely-there gold slides."

These fishies are adorable, but one thing I noticed, they both faced the same direction???  So that would mean one fishie would be facing you and the other would be facing away.  Was that maybe an oopsy?  Also, these were gold-colored whereas the rest of the jewelry this month were silver.  I did like how the colors from the fishies match the Art Deco Collar, but with the different metallics, they just seem off.

Your Bijoux Box definitely upped their game this month, even if the theme was pretty much the same as last month.  Everything is usable and beautiful.  I'll get a lot of use out of the Meridian Silver Bracelet in particular, and who knows... maybe Bijoux will just up and decide to send that one to me!!! :-)

Here are January's, February's, April's and May's boxes for you to see for yourself.  I love the large pendants on the necklaces in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment