Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag (July 2015)

Each new month, the Rainbow Honey mystery bag features sample sneak peeks from upcoming collections and future releases, plus a selection of their custom blended fragrances and body care products.

The mystery pack comes with a letter detailing the products, along with information on upcoming products, RH news, and deals they are offering for a limited time.

I'll start with the body care products:
 
Pomelo Body Splash (1oz) - The signature fragrance blends of their upcoming Summer Treats collection, their light and refreshing body splash is a great "pick me up" this summer and now available in Pomelo and Summer Juice!

Sweet Mandarin Lip Sugar Scrub (0.25oz) - Sweet and full of pucker, a fruity taste of a new line of lip balms and sugar lip scrubs coming soon!  Their flavored lip sugar scrub, enriched with shea butter, deliciously and gently exfoliates the outer surface layers of your lips making them smooth, soft and comfortable!

Rainbow Honey Organic Shea Butter Treatment (0.25oz) - A new skin care treatment to combat dry skin!  Use on lips, hands, elbows, knees, feet or any dry spot.  This is the first time that RH is offering shea butter in its purest form.

I've never been big on body splashes, but this Pomelo splash is delightful!  It has a refreshing fruity pineapple scent.  I love RH's sugar lip scrubs more than any other I've tried, and the Sweet Mandarin is no different.  This stuff's so good I could eat it and the light flavor leaves your taste buds yearning for more, while thoroughly scrubbing all of the dead flesh from your lips, leaving them smooth and ready for color.

Boy they weren't kidding about the shea butter being in the purest form.  A little of this paste-like substance goes a long way.  Be careful how much you apply because it practically melts on contact.
 
Each of the nail polishes included in the mini bag I subscribed to for $10 are 7.5ml, which is not only half the size of the full-size products, but the perfect size for those of us who have entirely too many polishes.

Summer Tan Nail Lacquer - an opaque golden glow lacquer.

Costa Dorada Nail Lacquer - a tinted yellow/gold base.

Calama Nail Lacquer - inspired by the copper capital of the world, Calama represents the chemical reaction that occurs when copper is in contact with other elements and oxidizes over time; a gorgeous opaque green.
 
I like using a layering thing to see what looks I can create with the items Rainbow Honey sends me each month.


My pinky is Calama only, while my ring finger is Calama with a layer of Summer Tan.  It made the Calama slightly green with a layer of gold flecks.  My middle finger is all Summer Tan, and matches my index finger which has Costa Dorada and Summer Tan.  Those colors go perfectly as a base and glitter coat.  My thumb is only Costa Dorada and it's a very nice neutral for Summer.
 
I do like the quantity and quality of products you get for $10 from Rainbow Honey.  I wasn't crazy about the colors this month.  I'd really like to see some bright pinks and oranges for Summer colors.  They've done a ton of blues this season, so maybe next month will have a little more diversity.

I have so many fingernail polishes, I keep thinking I might cancel my subscription, but I LOVE the body products, especially the lip and hand care items, I just can't.  I'm always looking forward to what else they'll send me in addition to the polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment