Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Your Bijoux Box (June 2015)

"Your Bijoux Box will arrive at your doorstep containing 3 pieces of jewelry, hand curated by Shana. The jewelry we select is on-trend, versatile and wearable,  and you will receive at least $100 worth of jewelry each month. We scrutinize hundreds of pieces of jewelry until we find just the right ones for the box. The sparkles in the box might include a long layering necklace, a fun statement collar, a pretty piece of arm candy."

Your Bijoux Box generously sent this box for me to review, but all opinions expressed are my own.

Your Bijoux Box is only $35 per month (free shipping), renews monthly and is delivered straight to your door.  If you buy 3, 6 or 12-month subscriptions, the price goes down per box.  Each necklace or bracelet you receive from Your Bijoux Box retails for at least $35, and very often much more.

The boxes come immaculately wrapped, each piece in its own pretty bag, and includes a helpful card detailing all of the pieces they chose for the month, plus tips on how to style your new pieces.

June's theme was Summer Stripes, and the special message on the inside of the box read, "You mustn't be afraid to sparkle a little brighter, darling."  I thought that was a really nice sentiment.

The first piece I unwrapped was the Pearls and Stripes Strand.


"We adore Summer's bold stripes and nautical prints.  The shopping season isn't complete without at least one.  Navy stripes and June's birthstone, the pearl, makes this a perfect warm weather piece.  So fun for a 4th of July barbeque!"

This is a large statement piece, very heavy, and good quality.  I adore pearls and the ornate charms are lovely.  This piece is a little too much for me during these Ohio Valley summer months, but I liked it paired with my favorite University of Kentucky hoodie for the cooler weather.  I especially appreciated as a bracelet.

The next package included the Opal Deco Drops.

"Feminine and versatile opal stones are making a resurgence in a very big way.  We are excited to offer these beautiful deco inspired crystal drops.  Their opalescent shimmer is perfectly paired with all of your Summer whites."

This was my favorite of all of the pieces.  I haven't wore dangly earrings in years, but I may have to start again!

The last item I opened was the Puka Shell Pendant.

"Found on the beaches of Hawaii, puka shells, are a quintessential symbol of Summer.  We've added to the chain, a light blue crystal drop reminiscent of the ocean.  This is a great versatile layering piece.  Try it with the Pave Bar Pendant from the February box or the Pave Convertible Necklace from the May box."

I wanted to show you the length and detail of this necklace.  Even though I appreciate the beautiful, intricate shell design and the sweet accent crystal, this just isn't my style.

Your Bijoux Box have had some really remarkable boxes in this year's boxes, and in comparison, I can't say this would be my favorite.  I liked that they kept with the beachy, summery, 4th of July-look.  I just can't say I prefer them to previous boxes.  Here are January's, February's, April's and May's boxes for you to see for yourself.  I love the large pendants on the necklaces in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment