Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Graze Flapjacks nibblebox (June 2015)

I gave up on Graze a while back.  I LOVED some of their products, but the treats they offered were so yay/nay, I just couldn't keep my subscription.  However, they have made some serious changes, and offer a variety of services now.  You can still get the 4-snack variety pack for $6.99 (with deliveries as often as you'd like) or an 8-snack variety pack for $11.99.  They also have a Sharing box (5 bags or 20 portions), plus specialty boxes, like Calorie Count, Protein, Savory, Sugar Count, or Sweet Treat.  But the one that caught my eye was the Flapjack box.  Graze's flapjacks are basically granola bars, but no granola.  They are very filling and last longer than their other snacks.
 
I recently received an email from Graze offering me 2 half price boxes of nothing but flapjacks.  I L-O-V-E their flapjacks!  That was always the highlight of my Graze experience so I could not pass it up.  I remember the first time I got flapjacks in a Graze box... Chocolate Orange flapjacks.  Tasted like an orange scone.  Delicious.

Graze now offers seven varieties of flapjacks, but alas, Chocolate Orange is no longer one of them.  The different flavors include: Apple & Cinnamon, Cocoa & Vanilla Protein, Fruit & Seed, Honeycomb, Lemon Drizzle, Original Three Seed Protein, and Summer Berry.  I had previously expressed on the Graze site that I didn't care for the Fruit & Seed flapjack so that was not included in the packages I received.  Here's what I did receive:

Cocoa & Vanilla Protein Flapjack - Rustic rolled oat cocoa flapjack with mixed seeds.

These were not my favorite of the flapjacks, but even so, they were still pretty good.  I mainly tasted the cocoa.  They were a little dry.  Unfortunately I got two of these.  And I only say unfortunately because there were better ones that I could've received duplicates of.

Honeycomb Flapjack - Rustic rolled oat flapjack with honeycomb and chocolate drizzle.

These were absolutely perfect.  They were moist, sweet with honey, and topped with delicious chocolate.  I also got two of these, so... yay me!!!

Apple & Cinnamon Flapjack - Rustic rolled oat flapjack with apple and cinnamon.

These were somewhat dry, but had pleasant apple pieces and cinnamon throughout the flapjacks.

At this point I'd like to mention that beer is a lovely pallet cleanser between flapjack tasting.

Lemon Drizzle Flapjack - Rustic rolled oat flapjack with zesty lemon and yogurt drizzle.

These were exactly what I hoped for.  Moist, and oh so lemony.  They remind me of my favorite Girl Scout Cookies, which change every year so I can't name the specific cookie.  But they're delicious!

Original Three-Seed Protein Flapjack - Rustic rolled oat flapjacks with flaxseed, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.

These were a lot like the Fruit & Seed flapjacks.  Little flavor, fun texture, but little flavor.  Dry, boring.

Summer Berry Flapjack - Rustic rolled oat flapjack with berry-infused cranberries.

These were moist and the large cranberries were sweet and flavorful.

Each Graze box comes with an insert with nutrition facts for each treat.

If you're interested in getting a Graze subscription of your own, use my code "R7CG2QKNB" and you'll get your first and fifth Graze boxes for free, and I'll earn $1 in my account for each referral.  I can use it as a discount off my next box, or I can (and will) donate it to their charity.

Graze supports a charity called "School of Farming".  The school is based in Kabbubu, a village in the heart of Uganda, and the charity teaches locals how to grow, maintain and harvest fruit from their own orchards.

No comments:

Post a Comment