Memebox

Memebox

Friday, June 5, 2015

Glossybox (May 2015)

Glossybox is a monthly subscription that delivers beauty products - hair care, skin care, makeup, perfumes, tools, etc. to your door for $21 per month if you buy the monthly plan, but that price goes down if you buy a 3-, 6- or 12-month subscription.
 
Glossybox carries some of the best brands in beauty.  Each box contains five items from full-sized to deluxe samples.  Following are the contents of my May box, and my impressions of each:  

TEEEZ TREND COSMETICS Head Over Heels Nail Lacquer Base Coat (0.24oz FULL-SIZE, $14) - Promising a super smooth application, it will protect nails from discoloration and prime them for a long-lasting manicure.
 

DOUCCE Mineral Matte Lipstick in Cherry Blossom (0.18oz FULL-SIZE, $20) - The New York-based color brand introduces this uniquely textured, soft-touch lipstick, which leaves behind a rich, velvet matte finish.  Infused with SPF 10 and Vitamin E, the pretty pink shade will keep lips hydrated all day, and won't feather or fade away.

The nail lacquer base is pretty typical.  It goes on smoothly and has a wonderful brush with thick bristles that fan out over your nails.  I didn't care for the lipstick.  It was kind of dry and sticky, and the color wasn't for me.  I actually hadn't planned on keeping it when I saw the color but I accidentally smeared it on the box when displaying it, so que sera, know what I mean?
 

CLEARISTA Retexturizing Gel (0.5oz, ~$10) - This unique complexion-perfecting gel not only smooths skin and refines pores, but also reduces pigmentation and skin imperfections, including rough skin bumps and rough, dry patches.

GLAMGLOW PowerMud DualCleanse Treatment (0.5oz, ~$20) - PowerMud's innovative "mud to oil" delivery system promises powerful, gentle skin detoxification and renewal.  Designed for all skin types, this hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested treatment features a custom four-clay blend alongside purifying cleansers and exfoliants for super clean, super velvety skin.

The retexturizing gel was surprising.  It wasn't a moisturizer as I expected.  It was a lovely exfoliater.  I adore it.  It made my face feel so fresh.  The mud mask, first of all, smelled fantastic.  Like a soft citrus.  It dried and tightened quickly on my face.  I really liked the effects as opposed to just cleansing my face. I tend to break out in the summer, so it felt great.
 
SEBASTIAN PROFESSIONAL Stylbrid 9 (1.55oz, $4.99) - From heat protection to adding volume and texture, this new multi-benefit hairspray from Sebastian packs a punch.  Paraben and alcohol free, the lightweight styler and treatment hybrid also offers curl definition, UV protection and enhances natural shine.

I can't say too much about the hairspray yet, except that it has a lovely light floral scent.  I don't use a lot of product in my hair but I look forward to having a reason to utilize this hairspray.

This box had a total value of $68.99, which is great.  And the items included are fantastic.  I'll use everything except the lipstick, so I believe this is a great box.  Looking forward to next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment