Memebox

Memebox

Monday, May 4, 2015

Clean Bar Box (May 2015) + 10% Discount

Clean Bar Box started with a passion for soap. They strive to bring customers a variety of unique scents of soap all year around made without preservatives, animal products, petroleum products, parabens, or lauryl sulfate. They source their soap from soap crafters and artisans around the USA who only use quality ingredients and care about what goes into their soap as much as they do. By working with these skilled soap makers, they can provide a huge variety of high quality and delicious smelling soaps every single month! 

Even their packaging is made with recycled materials and contains no glues or other harmful chemicals.


*10% off your purchase with code*
 
To get 10% off your purchase, click here, and enter the code "CLEAN10" at checkout.
 
Clean Bar Box kindly sent me this box to review (my opinions are my own), and I couldn't have been more happy when I received my package.  The box smelled amazing even before I opened it.

Clean Bar Box also included a letter with a description of all of the soaps they sent this month.  The first thing that jumped out at me was Honeysuckle Soap.  Ohmigosh!  Honeysuckle is my absolute favorite smell in the world.  Immediately after taking the unboxing picture, I cut a piece of the honeysuckle soap to use in the shower.

Organic soaps are the best, and contain no preservatives, which is wonderful.  But that also means they are more likely to mold.  These bars are a very generous size.  Hence, why I cut a piece off.  I wanted to preserve the integrity of the bars while trying out each scent.
African Violet Soap (5oz) - African violets have long been associated with mothers and motherhood.  For this reason they have been a traditional gift to mothers in many cultures around the world.  This soap has an awakening floral scent that isn't too strong.  This soap is great for the morning shower to start your day with a spring feeling!

Ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, soybean oil, corn oil, hemp oil, organic shea butter, water, lye and fragrance.

This bar was 50% bigger than the photo shows.  I lopped a part of it off before I took individual pictures.  It smelled heavenly of violets, very strong, but did not leave a heavy fragrance on my skin.


Honeysuckle Soap (5oz) - This soap has a distinct floral scent that evokes sprawling flower meadows illuminated by warm rays of golden sun.  The color and smell of this soap reflects that, bright, vibrant and invigorating!

Ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, soybean oil, corn oil, hemp oil, organic shea butter, water, lye, rose petals, fragrance and coloring.

I loved the look of this bar immediately.  And as I stated, was really excited to see that it was honeysuckle.  I love honeysuckle!  It reminds me of growing up in the country at my grandparents with honeysuckle shrubs growing along the old dirt road.  This captured that smell nicely.  Definitely my favorite!


White Tea Mint Soap (2.5oz) - This white tea mint soap is cool and refreshing.  This scent is reminiscent of cool spring rains and comfy lazy Sundays spent watching the drizzle outside.  The green and white swirls have just enough mint to awake you senses.

Ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, soybean oil, corn oil, hemp oil, organic shea butter, water, lye, fragrance and coloring.

This bar is so unique!  I love the minty tea smell.  It makes me thirsty for some warm sweet tea with mint leaves.  Such a cozy scent!  This was a close second for favorite bar.


Cherry Almond Soap (2.5oz) - Cherry season starts early summer, and this cherry almond soap comes just in time!  This soap has a strong, lovely cherry scent.  Accented with almonds, this soap is sure to be your favorite.  Bring memories of snacking on ripe summer fruit to the bath and start your morning right!

Ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, soybean oil, corn oil, hemp oil, organic shea butter, water, lye, ground oatmeal and fragrance.
 
This smells exactly as described.  The cherries are fresh and the almonds are rich.  I was tempted to bite into it!  No, for real.

All of these soaps lathered wonderfully and left my skin super clean and moisturized.  I may be one of the few people left in the world to use bar soaps when bathing, but they are a must for my showers.  Though I typically use an anti-bacterial soap, I'm happily replacing it with these.  I loved the smells and the way they made my skin feel.

Clean Bar Boxes start at $19.99 per month with free shipping.  Each five ounce bar sells for $7.50 in their shop, so you're paying just slightly below the retail price, but these soaps are so delightful, I think it's a great value.  By signing up for 3-month or 12-month subscriptions, you'll get even further savings.

Don't forget to enter code "CLEAN10" at checkout to get 10% off of your total order.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you loved the soaps Shannon :)

    Zack
    Clean Bar Box

    ReplyDelete