Memebox

Memebox

Friday, April 17, 2015

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag (March 2015)

Each new month, the Rainbow Honey mystery bag features sample sneak peeks from upcoming collections and future releases, plus a selection of their custom blended fragrances and body care products.


The mystery pack came with a great letter detailing the products, along with a super sweet personal message, along with a promise of a code for a free full-size product for the next month's collection.

I'll start with the body care products:

Petit Four Perfume Oil Rollerball (4ml) - Petit Four is an elegant mini cake perfume, made of sweet buttercream and layered with tender confectionary coconut flakes with hints of spring!

Tea Biscuit Scented Top Coat (7.5ml) - Tea Biscuit will remind you of fresh baked tea cake loaves from the busy patisseries of Rue Cler.

Rose Macaron Solid Perfume (0.15oz) - Rose macaron is a soft rose colored pastry shell fragrance filled with ganache made of coconuts, almonds and blended rose nectars.

Petit Four smells exactly like buttercream and coconut.  I'm not sure it's something I'd want to wear regularly.  I'd rather eat it.  With the Tea Biscuit top coat, I can only barely smell a sweetness over the polish smell before I apply it.  But after it dries, my nails actually do smell like a tasty cake!  I really like the Rose Macaron perfume.  I don't get the coconut and almond from it, but the rose scent is intoxicating.

Each of the nail polishes included in the mini bag I subscribed to for $10 are 7.5ml, which is not only half the size of the full-size products, but the perfect size for those of us who have entirely too many polishes.

Crystal Sword - a jelly pink base packed with holographic glitters and timid butterflies in a sea of glittering gold, crystals and holos.

Kozmic Blues - a deep kozmic blue packed with holo hex and precious metal pigments.

Lemon Honey - a beautiful and sunny lemon yellow lacquer with a touch of honey, gently packed with micro gold flakes.

After last month's experience with Rainbow Honey's glittery polishes, I began by painting a layer of a similar (but super light) shade of another polish as a base on all of my nails but the middle.  That I painted with a first coat of Lemon Honey.


Then I completed the look with several coats of Crystal Sword over the light pink base and Kozmic Blues over the light blue base, along with further coats of Lemon Honey.

The Kozmic Blue is a dark, kinda regular glitter... not really my taste.  The Crystal Sword was a pretty glitter with big pieces of pink confetti-like material, including butterflies, but as you can see on my ring finger, I was only able to capture one.  Lemon Honey is just a lovely, light yellow.

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bags are a great, low-cost way to try out new and interesting polishes, as well as accessories.  You get a lot of bang for your buck with this subscription whether you get the mini or regular bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment