Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pinrose Petal Packs

www.pinrose.com
 
"Pinrose is a luxury fragrance brand based in San Francisco, CA. In 2014, Erika Shumate and Christine Luby founded the company with the vision to make high quality fragrance a playful, effortless, everyday experience for the modern millennial. They are on a mission to pull the fragrance industry out of the dark ages by leveraging technology to help customers shop and by creating a brand that celebrates accessible luxury through quirky elegance."
 
"Pinrose uses synesthesia to personalize the buying experience for each customer. Shumate and Luby created a quiz that asks a series of color, shape, and sound preference questions. At the end, the quiz generates a customized scent "prescription". Over 100,000 people have taken this quiz and contributed to the recommendation algorithm."

"All Pinrose eau de parfums are designed by the best Master Perfumers in the world. They work with Tom Ford and Jo Malone’s perfumers to create unique pieces of wearable art that are inspired by a mood boards, songs, and personas. The scents are manufactured in the United States with the highest quality and most sustainable ingredients collected from around the world. All Pinrose products are phthalate, paraben, cruelty, and gluten free."
 
"Pinrose 30ml bottles and Pinrose Petal Packs were designed for on-the-go women. Petal Packs include 25 Petals - perfectly dosed single use fragrance sachets. Not only are Petal Packs great for travel, but also are the perfect entry-level product for customers who are wary of the perfume counter."
 
 

 *10% off your purchase with code*
 
To get 10% off your purchase, click here, and enter the code "SHANROCKS1" at checkout.
 
My Pinrose package arrived wrapped in pale blue tissue.  In that was a nice satchet holding the petal packs.  Also enclosed was a $25 discount card for Le Tote, which I discovered was a clothing exchange subscription service.
 
The variety Pinrose sent me was very diverse, which I appreciated because I could really see the broad variety of scents they offer.
 
The petal packs were the perfect size.  Inside the packets are a small tissue-like pad carrying the essence.  I wiped myself, neck, ears, arms, legs, and other little places here and there, and rather than be overwhelming like I expected, these were perfect, portable refreshers.  I found the fragrance to last about four to five hours.
 
I liked several a LOT.  A couple were just meh...  And there were a couple I didn't like at all.  But that just goes to show the diverse selection Pinrose has.  I've never met two people who like the exact same scents.  Whatever appeals to you, Pinrose has something you'll like.
 
Enclosed was a handy booklet with a description of each of the scents, notes, sips like (drinky drink... adorable), and sounds like (a different song for each one which I can't wait to download and hear for myself).  Despite that, I blindly tested each of the eight fragrances Pinrose sent me without reading about them first. I wanted to pick out notes for myself without influence. Here are the details and my impressions:
 
Campfire Rebel is my least favorite. To me it smelled like vodka and burnt oak. My husband said peach candy and candy corn. I don't know where he got those scents. Hahahaha!

I was close!  "Perfect for sipping whiskey in the woods after the rest of the tent has gone to bed."  With notes of whisky, raspberry, burning oud wood, vetiver and vanilla bourbon.
 
Merry Maker smells of citrus and magnolia. It reminds me of drinking wine coolers in the backyard with Mom on the 4th of July... happy days. This is the perfect summer smell.

"Bring on the bottomless brunch." With notes of nectarine, grapefruit, cassis, violet, rose, plum, musk, moss and Tonka.

I think I got pretty close
with this one too.
 
Moonlight Gypsy has a powerful powder/incense/musk scent (like Stevie Nicks, appropriately enough) and kind of reminds me of my mother's AVON perfumes from back in the day. Imari, maybe... My husband thinks I smell like that old lady in the elevator.
 
"What do you wear to a party in a forest?"  With notes of cardamom, mandarin, cherry, orange blossom, Gaiac wood, praline, Indonesian patchouli, vetiver and sandalwood.

Pillowtalk Poet was one of my favorites.  I could wear this all the time.  It was a super light baby powder scent. It left my husband and I lamenting about sweet baby smells. When they're clean. Then we remembered they're not clean most of the time. Which made us happy that we don't have babies.

"Nothing to wear is the perfect excuse for spending all day in bed."  With notes of powder, geranium, clove leaf, ambergris, musk, amber and sandalwood.

Renegade Starlet is a mature perfume.  I couldn't pick out specific notes.

"Pretty in pink and everything else."  With notes of tiare flower, bergamot, freesia, gardenia, jasmine, frangipani, vanilla bean and amber.

Rooftop Socialite is very vibrant. It's lemon fresh, but also a little pine fresh. It sort of reminds me of Skittles, or Starburst candies. Sweet. Mouth-watering.

"No better place to survey the scene than from the very top."  With notes of lime, Italian bergamot, mandarin, freesia, hedione, apple blossom, white musk and cedarwood.

Tambourine Dreamer smells like lilies... just field after field of lilies.  My grandma always grew purple lilies shortly before Easter and I'd just breathe them in.  Such a nice childhood fragrance...

As much as I LOVED this, my husband found it overwhelming.

"Light up the world with melodies and mirth."  With notes of Lily of the Valley, orange blossom, violet leaves, lemon verbena, musk, jasmine petals, ylang ylang, cedarwood and peony.

Treehouse Royal is a woodsy, musky scent.  It wasn't one of my favorites, but I put on a fragrance-free lotion after wearing it, and suddenly it smelled much better to me, so I thought that was odd.  But I still couldn't really pick out the notes for myself.
 
"Who's the empress of the woods?"  With notes of cassis, pear, fig, jasmine, violet, white peony, vanilla bourbon, Haitian vetiver and moss.
 
So some definitely excited me more than others.  But the ones that worked for me left me wanting more.  How great is it to have little fragrance sheets to throw in my bag for a mid-afternoon refresher!  There are several other petal packs that I didn't get to try that sound amazing, such as Sugar Bandit (vanilla, cedarwood and white chocolate), Surf Siren (lavender and neroli), Lovebug (cocoa and pomegranate), and their signature scent, Pinrose (fresh rose and leather), among others.
 
I'll be using my own code, "SHANROCKS1" to try these and stock up on some of my favorites.  At 25 petals for $24, this is a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment