Memebox

Memebox

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Julep Secret Store (April 2015)

 
I love Julep's Secret Store.  I scavenge for it like a vulture every month.  But you can obtain some of Julep's newer and older colors very inexpensively.  It pops up for non-subscribers usually within the first three to four days of the month, but for Julep Mavens, it comes much sooner and they are notified by email when they can enter the Secret Store.

I was thrilled with this month's haul because I got a couple of things I had been craving for quite a while, plus stuff I didn't even know I wanted!!!

The two things I was most excited about came in a three-piece kit called "Just Add Color," a $41.33 value for $14.99.  It included:

Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat - A perfecting, hydrating base coat powered by breakthrough Oxygen Technology and smoothing silica minerals. What it does:
  • Allows oxygen to permeate the nail bed, encouraging strong, healthy nail growth.
  • Refines nail texture to hide ridges and imperfections.
  • Help color last longer and prevents it from staining your nails.
  • Works with our Color Treat nail polish and Oxygen Performance Top Coat to create a long-wear system that lets your nails breathe.
Freedom Polymer Top Coat

In clinical studies, 100% of women who used Freedom Polymer Top Coat passed the ‘smudge test’ after 5 minutes, compared to 0% who used the leading regular top coat. Features & benefits:
  • Quick-dry formula cures smudge-free under natural light in just five minutes; no UV light required.
  • Perfecting polymer force field smoothes brush strokes and imperfections, leaving a high-gloss, gel-like finish.
  • Gel-like shine without gel removal hassle.
  • Comes off with any nail polish remover.
  • ‘4-free’ formula contains no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP.
  • For best results, use every other day and seal your free edges with each application.
Rock Star Hand Crème - An anti-aging blend of shea butter, glycerin, coconut oil, and vitamin E that keeps hands hydrated, even after washing. This non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula will leave you cheering for an encore. Rock on.

The base coat and top coat both dried quickly and with no damage to the color.  I've been a gigantic fan of "Glow On," which apparently is no longer available, so I'm happy to report that "Rock Star" is both a smell-good and moisturizing lotion.
 


Janet - Pale peach soft focus (semi-matte)

What a beautiful color!  It's super light with just the lightest pinky/peachy tint.  I love it for Spring, and maybe all year long!  For $6.99, wow... just wow!



Tyra - Magenta pearlescent silk top coat

In the photo to the right, I painted all but my pointer finger with Janet.  My pointer finger was painted solely with Tyra, and my middle finger had two coats Janet and two coats Tyra.  It's hard to tell, but it is a lovely pearlescent.  I had my choice between a magenta, green and blue pearlescent so I think I made a good choice, but boy, will I be tempted to get the other two next time if they go for $4.99 like this one.

I wish I could tell you when the Julep Secret Store is open, but I usually have to troll Google and the Julep website for a few days before I can find it.  If you do find it though, you'll be delighted by the selection.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment