Memebox

Memebox

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Glossybox (April 2015)

Glossybox is a monthly subscription that delivers beauty products - hair care, skin care, makeup, perfumes, tools, etc. to your door for $21 per month if you buy the monthly plan, but that price goes down if you buy a 3-, 6- or 12-month subscription.
 
Glossybox carries some of the best brands in beauty.  Each box contains five items from full-sized to deluxe samples.  Following are the contents of my April box, and my impressions of each:  

GLOSSYBOX Original Makeup Bag - The first item that popped out at me when I unwrapped my package this month was this beautiful exclusive Glossybox makeup bag.  The nice sturdy burlap material and fun sparkly lips design is perfect for carrying around those must have daily makeup items.

AERIN Waterlily Sun EDP (0.3oz, ~$20) - Meant to capture the feeling of sunlight reflecting on water, this fragrance features bright Sicilian bergamot and lush dewy greens, balanced with delicate waterlily, jasmine sambac and warm musk.  This is a lovely, sensual scent, which reminds me of NEST'S Amazon Lily.  A perfect summer fragrance.
 
ESTEE LAUDER Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum(0.24oz, ~$15.50) - From the storied beauty brand comes this intensive serum that helps reduce the look of uneven skintone with a proprietary technology, which works on contact to brighten dark spots and impart moisture.  I'm gonna be honest, I do use a serum as part of my nightly beauty routine, but I don't know what "dark spots" are.  Perhaps I'm just lucky not to have them yet.  I may pass this on since my life is saturated with kbeauty serums.
 
MARRAKESH Endz: Split End Mender & Preventer (1oz full-size, $5.99) - Lengthen the time between haircuts with this powerful blend of nutrient-rich argan oil, fortifying hemp seed oil, and hydrolyzed wheat protein.  It tames, repairs and seals damaged split ends, while offering long-lasting frizz and static control.  Argan hair oil is all the rage right now for improving hair, so even though I have a lot of Argan in my collection, I'm glad to have more.
 
JULEP Gel Eye Glider in Smoky Plum (0.042oz full-size, $16) - Clinically proven to last for more than 10 hours, this eye pencil has the color payoff of a gel liner.  The waterproof formula glides on easily, sets in 30 seconds, and then stays put, no matter the adventure.

I was SO happy to finally get one of these!  And in Smoky Plum!  The colors offered varied, but I actually got the one that I have most coveted!  The liner went on thick and provided great coverage.  And after accidentally sleeping in it, I can attest to the long-wear promise.  I woke up made up and ready to go!

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS Stained Gloss in Meta (0.33oz full-size, $18) - This high shine stained gloss takes the cult classic Lip Tar into semi-sheer territory.  The vegan, gluten-free formula contains hemp oil and vitamin E and peppermint oil.  The first coat absorbed like a stain and the second coat left behind a reflective jelly finish.  Unfortunately, this hot pink just does not work for me.
 
This box had a total value of $75.49 (excluding the cost of the makeup bag), which is great.  I'm really happy.  Really, really happy.  And I haven't even mentioned the completely adorable packaging it came in!  Another big win for Glossybox.

No comments:

Post a Comment