Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

BoxyCharm (April 2015)

BoxyCharm is a beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. From nail care, to the hottest hair products, to the top skin care and cosmetics, they have your head-to-toe beauty needs covered!
 
BoxyCharm is $21 per month and auto-renews each month, or you can get a 12-month subscription for the price of 11 months.
 
This month's box is springing with blossoms that will leave you looking and feeling as fresh as a daisy. You will love your April "Bloom" Box!
 
BoxyCharm isn't one of my regular subscriptions, but it will be if every month is as great as this one!!!
 
Each box contains a handy card detailing all of the products:
 
COASTAL SCENTS Revealed 2 Palette (FULL-SIZE, $39.95) - Influenced by the lustrous beauty of the original Revealed palette, Revealed 2 presents another selection of twenty gorgeous mattes and shimmers.  The slim palette holds twenty shadows, allowing for easy on-the-go application.
 
This item was one of the big factors in me pushing the "purchase" button.  I've never owned a palette like this and even though it goes for much cheaper than the retail value on a lot of sites, it's still not something I would usually splurge on.
 
These are the colors top to bottom.  Not much pigment in the top colors, but the bottom colors are very vibrant.
 
I wanted to create some looks for you guys, but I am just no good at creating beautiful eyes.  That's why I buy the makeup.  Then someone else can put it on me.  I can do day-to-day looks, but I'm no artiste with the palette.
 
OFRA Illuminating Brush Stripes (FULL-SIZE, $35.00) - These unique blushes are made with high-grade pearls and pigments pressed using sophisticated technology exclusive to OFRA Cosmetic Laboratories.  Once applied, the Blush Stripes highlight your cheek bones in any light while also providing a natural glow and doubles as a four-color eye shadow palette.
 
This was the other item that encouraged me to buy this month's BoxyCharm.  Subscribers would either receive this item or OFRA's Derma Mineral Powder in “Pink Sapphire”.  Fortunately I got the one I wanted!  Yay for me!
 
I couldn't get the overall color to show up well in a picture of my cheeks, but I wanted you to see the different colors swatched on my wrist.
 
JING AI Velvet Shine Lip Jewel in "Red Rascal" (FULL-SIZE, $22.00) - Velvet Shine Lip Jewels give your lips a powerful dose of highly pigmented long-lasting color.  The formula is infused with 100% natural macadamia seed oil, shea butter and jojoba seed oil for a glamorous and hydrated pout.
 
This isn't one of "MY" colors, but I've been feeling adventurous lately, and am really jumping on the lip crayon band wagon.  This formula is really hydrating, silky, and looks amazing.
 
COOLWAY Smoothing Lotion (FULL-SIZE, $24.95) - Coolway's conditioning lotion is packed with vitamins and proteins to smooth and control unruly hair.

I LOVE COOLWAY!!!  Ohmigosh!  First, the scent is amazing!  My husband and I couldn't agree on the smell.  My husband said strawberries and cream, but I thought rainbow Nerds.  Whatever, it was great.  Then the texture was really nice.  I liked it most after a shower while my hair air-dried.
 
Hello by Harvey Prince Mini Roller Fragrance (MINI, $21.00) - Harvey Prince crafts high-quality fragrances, each with its own spirit and story.  These are scents with purpose: personal, natural, upscale perfumes to bring out each woman's personality, inner strength and beauty.  Whatever your niche, Harvey Prince has a special scent for you.
 
The notes of Hello are Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, Satsuma mandarin, summer forsythia, pink plumeria, wild verbena, Tahitian vanilla, and sensual musk.  The style is welcoming, loving and refreshing.  I already own the Ageless, Sincerely and Yogini minis, and have sampled Hello, so I was really happy to receive this scent.
 
Despite various specials going on for most of these products elsewhere online, the overall retail value of this box is $142.90.  Not bad at all for items that I would not have ordinarily indulged in had they not all been in this one box.  I'm very impressed and will be searching desperately for May spoilers to see if I'm going to press the button for next month's box.

No comments:

Post a Comment