Memebox

Memebox

Friday, March 6, 2015

Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag (February 2015) + Sale


Each new month, the Rainbow Honey mystery bag features sample sneak peeks from upcoming collections and future releases, plus a selection of their custom blended fragrances and body care products.


The mystery pack came with a great letter detailing the products, along with a super sweet personal message, along with a promise of a code for a free full-size product for the next month's collection.

I'll start with the body care products:

Carnival Candy Perfume Oil Rollerball (4ml) - Introducing a brand new fragrance reminiscent of your favorite memories of pink carnival candy.

Carnival Candy Scented Cuticle Balm (0.15oz) - Featuring their cuticle balm in the new scent, Carnival Candy.

Carnival Candy Foot Massage Lotion (1oz) - Bringing more attention to your feet, packed with tons of aloe and shea butter and scented with Carnival Candy.

This stuff smelled just like cotton candy.  My husband was hesitant to smell my hand when I used them (I'll be utilizing the foot lotion as a hand lotion), but he LOVED the sweet smell.  It's not something I'd probably use in public situations, but for a little hanky-panky, it could be tantalizing, especially behind the ears and on the neck (hint, hint). ;-)

Each of the nail polishes included in the mini bag I subscribed to for $10 are 7.5ml, which is not only half the size of the full-size products, but the perfect size for those of us who have entirely too many polishes.

Glow Cloud - a wonderful and dreamy mix of flakes and prismatic glitter and shimmer.

Tsukimi - a shimmery violet sea of holographic and iridescent glitters.

Crimson Nebula - a sultry mix of holographic star dust builds up to a deeper red with every coat.

I also bought a couple of full-sized polishes I'd been eyeing that were on sale.

Pink Lemonade - a light and bubbly glitter topper is full of lemon yellow dots and sweet pink hearts.

Linger - a glitter and shimmer in a cranberry jelly, this color has you wrapped around its finger...
 
I began by painting my fingernails with one coat, but quickly realized that each was too shear to be used on its own.  Since I'm a polish-aholic, I found light accent colors for Glow Cloud and Pink Lemonade, but since the other three were fairly similar, I used a white primer coat to show off each one's distinguishable features.

Glow Cl
oud and Crimson Nebula were just very fine glitter coats, whereas Tsukimi, Pink Lemonade and Linger have chunky pieces of glitter that needed extra care to apply.  Tsukimi and Linger were so similar at first, but as I added coats, it was clear that Tsukimi had a raspberry tint to it and Linger was more of a maroon color.
 
Below, from left to right, Pink Lemonade, Glow Cloud, Tsukimi, Linger, Crimson Nebula:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment