Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mugler Addict (March 2015) by Thierry Mugler

I had been wrestling with becoming a Mugler Addict for a while, because I'm not much of a perfumista.  I get tons of samples from subscription boxes and sites like Sephora, and I have designed my own fragrance which is already perfect for me.  In fact, I'm allergic to many perfumes and some give me headaches.  So why would I want to become a Mugler Addict?

Because I'm addicted to subscription boxes.  That's why.

A few weeks before my first box arrived, I received this lovely handwritten note, sealed with a divine Thierry Mugler stamp.  Also enclosed was an immaculate, thick business card from my own personal "Celestial Concierge".


It also promised free delivery on any purchase I make from muglerusa.com.  I probably won't be making use of that benefit, but it's a nice addition.

I was excited because I'd seen previous boxes being reviewed, many containing items from the Angel and Alien lines, neither of which I've tried.


This month was all about Womanity, one of their newer fragrances.  The informational card front described it as a vibrant and harmonious fragrance symbolizing an assertive woman who propels through life with a conquering spirit and constructive energy.

The back of the card describes all of the products that were included in this quarter's box.

Womanity Eau de Parfum (0.17oz deluxe mini & 0.04oz sample) - A sweet and savory fragrance built around the fig and a symbol of femininity.  The bottle is a sculpted work of art.

Womanity Eau pour Elles (0.04oz sample) - Feel the Mediterranean notes and enjoy an overdose of sun and wild strawberries in the Eau de Toilette - a tribute to the women around the world!

Womanity Perfumed Shower Gel (1oz deluxe sample) - this fig scented shower gel touches the skin with a sensuous fruity freshness.  Its silky softness is infused with the Womanity scent.

Womanity Perfumed Body Milk (1oz deluxe sample) - This delightful designer body milk features natural fig extracts.  It smoothes and moisturizes the skin leaving behind the luscious fragrance of Womanity.

BONUS!  Your Charming Thierry Mugler Accessory - Adorn yourself with a contemporary Thierry Mugler accessory and show your femininity all year long!

I suppose this bonus accessory could be a bracelet, an ankle bracelet, or something to attach to a purse or keychain.  It has four charms made to look like different Mugler fragrance bottles - Angel EDP, Angel EDT, Alien EDP, and Womanity EDP.

I have to admit, I was disappointed when I opened the box for two reasons.  One, there obviously no Angel or Alien products in it.  And two, the scent that overwhelmed me was not one I found terribly pleasant.  I guess I'm not a fan of figs.  I tried the EDP and Eau pour Elles samples just to be sure the scent wouldn't be better once it mixed with my skin, but I still didn't care for it.  And the accessory, while cute, just isn't something I'll use.

That being said, the value was there.  A Mugler Addict subscription is $50 per year and you get four boxes a year, which comes out to $12.50 a box.  The body milk is not available for sale, so I estimated its price based on the shower gel.  If I cannot find the same product size on the site for sale, I figure the cost of the fragrance samples and minis based on the 1.7oz size.  Not including the value of the bracelet which I am unable to determine, the total value was $22.66, so I was happy about that.

Yeah, this particular fragrance may not be for me.  But it may be for you.  I'm still pleased with this purchase and look very much forward to seeing what they have in store for me next quarter.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh man, as soon as I get $50 freed up I'm grabbing this! I wish it was $12.50 a month instead...I can justify that way more than dropping the $50 upfront. I think that's why I hesitated the first time when I wanted to sign up. I actually really like Womanity- I like all Mugler fragrances which is probably why I would love this sub LOL- but I think Angel is my favorite for sure! Alien is bizarre. It took me a while to "get it" but I do really enjoy it. If Dior came out with a subscription box like this I would open another credit card to get it LOL Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But... once you've paid that $50, it's nice not worrying about paying anything for a whole year! I wish Marc Jacobs had a subscription service. The Daisy line is so pretty!

      Delete