Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Memebox: Ettang Modeling Take-out Cup Pack

First off, I can't read Korean so I can't be certain, but I think this should have been an eight-pack, particularly because Memebox offered these individually in one of their earlier boxes.  However, the description DID state that it was a seven-pack and that's what I agreed to buy.  It was $17 and I bought it as an add-on to a box I was purchasing in combination with Memepoints I'd earned by doing these reviews.

On to the fun stuff:

As stated, I received seven modeling take-out cups.  I can't be sure from the packaging (all Korean), but through some extensive researching, I believe these are the cups I received:
  • Peppermint (turquoise) - soothing, refreshing, and conditioning
  • Calendula (orange) - soothing, moisturizing
  • Propolis (light yellow) - nutritious, shielding, relieving
  • Acerola (light pink) - toning, pore shrinking, promoting elasticity
  • Yogurt (light purple) - smoothing, brightening, shining
  • Chlorella (light blue) - cleansing, improving, soothing
  • Oatmeal (light beige) - moisturizing, nutritious, exfoliating
The instructions... were... HIL-arious!!!  I don't know if you can read the pamphlet to the left, but here's the directions they provided:

Know-how of fit the amount of water - Golden rule of pack is Powder : Water = 1 : 3.  Modeling pack included about 1-2g quantity of actuality powder more.  If put amount of materials about 60g (about 60ml), it is fit.  When is hardtop set the amount of water of 1/2, relieve powder for in other container for a moment.  If mix powder after set first the quantity of water in container, you can set the amount of materials easily.  Putting water in container with powder according to your preference about low and high concentration.

Check skin state within every day take out cup for me - Moist skin determine the make-up of the day like as if fresh food ingredient determine the taste of food.  Fill water in skin by cup pack.

HOW CRAZY IS IT TO TRY TO FOLLOW THAT!!!

So here's how I went about it.  Using the included spatula, I slowly drizzled water in and mixed until I got a cake-like batter.  I probably should have used a little less though because it was a tiny bit drippy.

Then I slathered it on my face with the spatula.  It wasn't easy.  I may try to find another application method next time, but I haven't thought of an effective one yet.  There were some chunky pieces and it kept slipping off my face.  I knew it had to go on thick because after it dries, it's supposed to peel off.


When I had it on good and collected lots of drippings with tissue, I used a hair dryer on the lowest setting for about ten minutes.  Had I not mixed it quite so thin, I probably wouldn't have needed that.  As it dried, I hope you can see from the first picture to the second, the moist mixture starts to get rubbery around the edges.

In the meantime, my dogs were not impressed and wondering what the hell momma's doing.

I impatiently waited until the mask had mostly dried and began removing it in clumps. 


By this time I'm standing in front of my husband in the living room without my glasses on just hoping he was paying attention.  He was and told me to quit creeping him out by staring blankly at him and peeling shit off my face.  Hahaha!  Most of it came off pretty easily in rubbery chunks, but I did have to use a rag to get the thin places off around the edges of my face and around my eyes.

Overall, I really liked this!  It was so much fun!  I'll mix it better next time.  I'm super excited that I still have six more to use.  My skin felt the cleanest I think it ever has.  Like the formula just penetrated my pores and pulled out any impurities.  My face was soft and needed only a light moisturizer afterwards.  It is a bit of a process so if you need a quick or easy mask, this isn't the one.  If you want to have fun and get really clean, you need these ASAP!

10 comments:

  1. I love these masks! I find that I can use half of the powder and it stills works very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yeah. I did have a lot leftover. I'll have to try that.

      Delete
  2. Those instructions are crazy! Worst translation I have seen yet! This does seem fun to try! I really enjoyed your review thank you :) #kbeautybloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was like, please quit reading those instructions. But I made him listen because they were so funny.

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing such great reviews of these and I'm sad I missed out! #kbeautybloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them online. I know Amazon sells a set, but the price is RI-diculous. I like them but not enough to mortgage my house. A shame Memebox isn't still selling them.

      Delete
  4. I have a bunch of these from Memebox but I usually am too lazy to mix them up and deal with the cleanup. I love the way they work though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can be a little... lazy... to that stuff as well. Sheet masks are so easy. But, occasionally, I find my skin is craving a little more.

      Delete
  5. I love these, I bought two of the sets from Memebox, and other versions on eBay. It just peels off so gently and leaves the skin very refreshed and soft. It does look daft though, I have to do it when there's nobody home. I read that the thicker the mask the better, so I make the paste as thick as possible and use the whole cup or packet. I know people say you can split the cup, but I tried that once and the mask was much thinner and harder to remove. #kbeautybloghop

    ReplyDelete