Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Glossybox (March 2015)

Glossybox is a monthly subscription that delivers beauty products - hair care, skin care, makeup, perfumes, tools, etc. to your door for $21 per month if you buy the monthly plan, but that price goes down if you buy a 3-, 6- or 12-month subscription.
 
Glossybox carries some of the best brands in beauty.  Each box contains five items from full-sized to deluxe samples.  Following is the contents of my March box, and my impressions of each:  
 
NEXXUS NEW YORK SALON CARE Color Assure Shampoo (8.5oz deluxe sample, ~$7.50) - sulfate-free formula gently cleanses and nourishes hair, while protecting color from fading.  Featuring white orchid extract, vitamin B-5 and UV protectors, this floral-scented shampoo is both silicone and sulfate-free.  Nexxus is a great brand and one of my top three, no doubt.  This shampoo smells AH-mazing.  But I was disappointed, and I'll tell you why later.
 
OROGOLD COSMETICS 24K Multi-Vitamin Day Moisturizer (2 x 0.2oz, ~$42.00) - Inspired by the medicinal benefits of gold throughout history, this luscious day cream contains vitamins and yes, pure 24 karat gold, which works to reduce the signs of aging by plumping and firming skin.  This smells incredible, and feels super smooth.
 
SO SUSAN COSMETICS Concealer Quad (0.14oz full-sized, $30.95) - This mix and match concealer quad has you covered - no matter your skin tone.  The hypo-allergenic formula stars hydrating virgin marula oil, perfectly covering blemishes and minor imperfections.  I, unfortunately, cannot use this product because I have barely mastered the art of primer and foundation, so not super excited.
 
MODELCO More Brows Eyebrow Thickening Gel in Medium Dark (0.12oz full-size, $18) - Achieve natural-looking, fuller brows instantly with this quick-dry gel formula that contains hair-like particles to create the appearance of fuller, more even eyebrows.  Perfect for women with naturally sparse or over-plucked arches.  I have eyebrows to spare so this has no value for me.
 
BELLAPIERRE COSMETICS Cheek & Lip Stain in Pink (0.17oz full-size, $19.99) - For a healthy flush reminiscent of a spring day spent outdoors, this girly lip and cheek stain blends seamlessly whenever it is applied.  The oil-free mineral-based formula is lightweight yet perfectly pigmented.  Once again, tea-stained teeth have no used for super pink cosmetics, so, oh well.
 
This box had a total value of $118.44, which is extraordinary.  But I'll use very little of it.  It makes me question if anyone even pays attention to our beauty profiles.  I love all Nexxus products... however, I was SO EXCITED that I would probably receive an Ouidad product, especially the 12-Minute Deep Treatment or Shine Glaze Serum, or HELL, even the Color Sense Preserving Shampoo & Conditioner... it was just disappointing when I opened the box.  I'll use the face cream and shampoo, but none of the cosmetics are useful to me.  After last month's amazing first box, this one let me down.

1 comment:

  1. Good sharing, Glossybox and Memebox are Korea’s greatest beauty ongoing services, box way up about several to six cosmetic goods or biological samples and ship those to subscribers each month. For detail review visit:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/glossybox-and-memebox/

    ReplyDelete