Memebox

Memebox

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Random Product Reviews - Perfumes Part II

I've never been a big wearer of perfumes because I have an allergy to some.  In addition, most give me headaches.  But I'm a girl.  So I love them.  I recently received a few fragrance cards from Sephora, and begged reps for Marc Jacobs and Ed Hardy for samples.  I thought I'd give you some info and my personal impressions of some.  Two thumbs up for my favorites, one thumb up if they're just okay, and no thumbs up if I think they're garbage.

Born Wild by Ed Hardy EDP - Let this daring Ed Hardy perfume take you on an aromatic adventure. With notes of dewberry, casis buds, magnolia, black currant, peach blossom, mugget, sandlewood, and musk. The 2.5oz bottle retails for $55.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  The peach and magnolia really stand out in this particular perfume.  It's reminiscent of my teenage years.  A decent memory of my teenage years.  But... no thumbs up.


Candy by Prada EDP - In an explosion of shocking pink and gold, Prada CANDY takes us on a walk on the wild side, showing us a new facet of Prada femininity where more is more and excess is everything. With notes of caramel, musk, vanilla, and benzoin.  The style is carefree, sophisticated and sensual.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $86.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  All of the notes in this perfume are distinct.  One time I smell caramel, the next musk, the next vanilla.  I don't know what benzoin is, but I'm sure I probably smell that too.  Overall, I think this smells like a caramel frappe from Starbucks.  While fragrant, smelling like a frappe is not for me.  I give this one thumb up.

Daisy by Marc Jacobs EDT - The heart of Daisy is floral with vintage edge of violet.  Always elegant, always enchanting — but not too serious — Daisy is a sparkling floral bouquet, spirited and fresh, wrapped in comfort and warmth.  With notes of strawberry, violet leaves, ruby red grapefruit, gardenia, violet petals, jasmine petals, musk, vanilla, and white woods.  The style is bright, alluring and eternal.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $76.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  Oh, this is lovely.  Daisies are my favorite flower.  This is so fresh and smells like daisies even though that is not one of the notes.  Two thumbs up, no question.

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs EDT - A whimsical interpretation of the original Daisy fragrance, this scent is more fruity, more bubbly, more fun! Open the bottle and you'll be transported to a field of sunshine that bursts with the flirty scent of flowers and the cheerful sweetness of fruits. Its light, woody base infuses a subtle but sharp glimmer of musk for an unexpected twist of radiance.  With notes of natural raspberry, grapefruit, pear, violet, wild rose, apple blossom, musks, cedarwood, and plum.  The style is exhilarating, bubbly and playful.  The 2.5oz bottle retails for $89.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  This smells a lot like the original Daisy but with a little rose added in.  Two more thumbs up.

Dot by Marc Jacobs EDP - Surprising and effervescent, energetic and alive — DOT by Marc Jacobs captures a charming, upbeat spirit with timeless sophistication. Simple and straightforward in statement, exuberant and feminine in design, DOT is a colorful Marc Jacobs creation that comes full circle with a balance of modernity and elegance.  With notes of red berries, dragonfruit, honeysuckle, jasmine, coconut water, orange blossom, vanilla, driftwood, and musk.  The style is chic, energetic and upbeat.

MY IMPRESSION:  I was hopeful for this one because it contained honeysuckle notes, but I didn't get that at all.  It was pleasant though.  Just not as nice as Daisy.  One thumb up.

Ed Hardy by Ed Hardy EDP - Rock and roll wearing this Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier perfume. This fragrance was created for your on-the-go lifestyle.  With notes of apple souffle, tropical mango, wild strawberries, red grapefruit, black freesia, water muguet, linden blossom, warm amber, sensual musks, tonka bean, and vanilla pudding.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $55.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  I have a weird feeling that all Ed Hardy perfumes are going to remind me of my teenage years.  This is probably my favorite Ed Hardy though.  You can make out many of the individual notes from above.  I give this one thumb up.

Guilty by Gucci EDT - Made for the woman who shatters expectations, this fragrance imbues with a feeling of power, a sense that she can attain whatever she wants—even the thrill of the forbidden.  With notes of mandarin, pink pepper, peach, lilac, geranium, amber, and patchouli.  The style is daring, rich and sexy.  The 1.6oz bottle retails for $77.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  This is an overwhelmingly perfume-y perfume.  I cannot make out any of the individual notes.  This is an old woman's perfume.  I give this no thumbs up.


Hearts & Daggers by Ed Hardy EDP - Express your edgy attitude with this women's Ed Hardy Hearts and Daggers perfume. This fruity and floral Christian Audigier fragrance will captivate your senses.  With notes of blood orange, violet leaf, apple, mango, apple blossoms, pink jasmine, cashmere musk, amber, benzoin and blond woods.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $55.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  I changed my mind about the original Ed Hardy being my favorite of the Ed Hardy fragrances.  This is delightful.  The florals outweigh the citrus fruits, and despite my usual distaste for musks, in this case it actually accents the other smells.  That being said, I can still only give this one thumb up because it is a rather juvenile scent.

Honey by Marc Jacobs EDP - Honey by Marc Jacobs is a sunny, delicious floral—energetic and alluring, with a sparkling, golden touch. The perfect mix of brightness and warmth.  With notes of pear, juicy mandarin, orange blossom, peach nectar, apricot, honeysuckle, honey, golden vanilla, and smooth woods.  The style is sweet, sassy and energized.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $76.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  I LOVE THIS!  The citrus and honeysuckle are very present, as well as a fresh rain scent that I suppose would be the smooth woods.  I'd give this three thumbs up if I had three thumbs.

Oh, Lola! by Marc Jacobs EDP - Flirtatious, charming, and sparkling with lighthearted personality, this fragrance leaves you flirting with your senses! It bursts open with a bright and whimsical effervescence.  With notes of raspberry, vanilla, peony, pear, and cyclaman.  The style is vibrant, flirtatious and lighthearted.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $68.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  I can smell every note in this perfume.  It's lovely.  All of the Marc Jacobs fragrances got high marks from me, but after Honey, this is my next favorite.  Two thumbs up.

Roses de Chloe by Chloe EDT - Luminous and subtle, it inspires and evokes a unique facet of the signature Chloé rose, capturing the spirit of the Chloe woman.  With notes of fresh cut roses, bergamot, rose essence, magnolia accord, white musk, and amber.  The style is floral, delicate and luminous.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $95.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  The rose and white musk are very strong here.  It's a very pleasant fragrance for a mature woman.  I give this one thumb up.

Skulls & Roses by Ed Hardy EDP - Bold citrus and wild strawberry combine in this Ed Hardy women's Skulls & Roses fragrance.  With notes of wild strawberry, blood orange, peach juice, gardenia, apple blossom, water lily, caramel, sandalwood, and musk.  The 2.5oz bottle retails for $55.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  Musk overwhelms this perfume and takes me right back to 1994.  This is not a fragrance for women.  No thumbs up.

Villain by Ed Hardy EDP Let this Ed Hardy women's perfume take you on an aromatic adventure with scents of lychee and blood orange that linger on your skin all day.  With notes of lychee, watermelon, blood orange, tangerine, water lotus, magnolia petals, freesia, creme brulee, sandalwood, and orris.  The 2.5oz bottle retails for $55.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  The scents in this are very distinctive.  It's maybe the most mature of all the Ed Hardy fragrances.  The citrus fruits and florals are ever-present, but the crème brulee and sandalwood are the highest notes.  If I were in my 20's I'd give it two thumbs, but I'm 36, so I can only give one thumb up.

No comments:

Post a Comment