Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Random Product Reviews - Colognes

I am not a fan of men's fragrances.  Most smell too musky or too much like alcohol, are almost all too strong, and some even burn my eyes and give me a headache.  However, I have a husband and therefore, have to deal with it.
 
So recently when I was checking my Sephora Beauty Insider account and noticed that they had some darling cologne minis for men and that the free sample selection for the week was male-dominated, I decided to do my husband a solid and get him a selection so we could choose together a fragrance that perhaps is not so offensive to me.  I only had enough points for two mini bottles, but Sephora also gave me four sample bottles with my order.
 
Now I'm no perfumista, so I cannot adequately describe the fragrance notes.  I'll let the brands do that and you can see from the details whether it's something that would interest you.  I'll just give you my overall impressions, and I've rated them 1 - 6, with 1 being my favorite.
 
Versace pour homme Eau de Toilette (0.17oz) - Dynamic and entrepreneurial, the Versace Pour Homme man communicates his forceful and passionate character through this decidedly masculine fragrance.  With notes of bergamot, neroli, citron of diamante, bitter orange leaves, geranium, clary sage, blue hyacinth, cedar wood, old wood, mineral amber, tonka bean, and musk.  The style is strong, virtuosic and unique.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $60.00.
 
MY IMPRESSION:  I'll pass.  It wasn't horrible, but definitely falls in the too-overwhelming-for-me category. (6)
 
Made to Measure pour homme by Gucci Eau de Toilette (0.16oz) - Intensely masculine, created for the man who demands the very best - a man whom others aspire to be.  With notes of calabrian bergamot, French lavender, anis seed, Sri Lankan nutmeg, juniper berry, cistus labdanum, patchouli, and leather.  The style is masculine, sophisticated and empowered.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $71.00.
 
MY IMPRESSION:  I like it.  I would buy this for my husband.  I don't love it.  But I could deal with it. (4)
 
Boss by Hugo Boss Eau de Toilette (0.06oz) - Cool, confident, and contemporary, Boss Hugo Boss embodies the 21st century man who embraces life with the utmost vigor.  The Boss male, a study in modernity, pursues his goals with heroic energy and enthusiasm, but at the same time remains witty and desirable. With notes of apple, bergamot, cinnamon, tagetes, geranium, clove, cedarwood, sandalwood, vetiver, and olivewood.  The style is a badge of success for the man whose interests are many.  The 1.6oz bottle retails for $60.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  This is nice.  Surprisingly nice.  I don't think I would mind this on my husband. (3)
 
HiM by Hanae Mori Eau de Toilette (0.04oz) - A well-constructed scent that fits a man like a tailored blazer or his best cut blue jeans. With notes of bergamot, mandarin orange, gray pepper, violet, cardamom, cinnamon, Mediterranean fig wood, tonka bean, teak wood, white cedar, fir balsam, musk, and amber.  The style is masculine and adventurous.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $78.00.
 
MY IMPRESSION:  I thought this was my favorite.  It was actually good.  I didn't mind the scent at all.  But there was one better. (2) 

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf Eau de Toilette pour homme (0.05oz) - An explosive personality. Deliberately powerful, exaggeratedly sensual, decidedly audacious.  With notes of bergamot, grapefruit, cinnamon leaf, pink pepper, lavandin, chilli, saffron, elemi, vetiver, balsam fir, tobacco accord, and white leather accord.  The style is explosive, addictive and seductive.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $90.00.

MY IMPRESSION:  Buy it.  Buy it now.  This is what I would want to smell like if I was a dude.  The most expensive, but I guess the adage is true.  You get what you pay for. (1)
 
1 Million by Paco Rabanne Eau de Toilette (0.05oz) - This high-impact fragrance creates a multifaceted signature of masculinity. With notes of frosted grapefruit, blood mandarin, peppermint, rose absolute, musk, cinnamon bark, blond leather, tonka bean, patchouli, white wood, and amber ketal.  The style is fresh, spicy and leather.  The 1.7oz bottle retails for $62.00.
 
MY IMPRESSION:  This is just NOT for me.  I would not care to have my husband smelling like this for extended periods of time. (5)

1 comment:

  1. its really fantastic blog . its realy informational and a such a good job. i love this review

    ReplyDelete