Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Memebox: Special #80 Pumpkin Pie Cosmetics

This is my thirteenth Memebox, and I have two more sitting here.  I'm OBSESSED with Memebox.  They are not a subscription service; instead they allow you to only buy the boxes you're interested in, although most are mysteries.  I would be stoked if they did have a subscription service though.  

A little background:  "Memebox curates only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. An extremely competitive industry, Korean cosmetics are renowned for their unprecedented quality developed through cutting-edge technology."

I ordered this back in November and am just now getting to it.  At the time, obviously, pumpkins were a big theme and I love all things pumpkin.  Now, it probably seems a little strange.  But I got way behind on my Memebox reviews, so better late than never.


This box cost $23 (plus $6.99 S+H), but by using two Memepoints, I saved $2, paying $27.99, and there was a total value of $94.

"This beauty recipe takes pumpkin pie to a whole new level!  With a drizzle of beautiful, a sprinkle of gorgeous, and a whole lot of amazing, this Pumpkin Pie Cosmetics box contains all the yummy, beautifying ingredients that you'd find in a pumpkin pie!"

"October and November calls for a big ole pumpkin celebration, and while you probably won't be thinking about the beauty benefits of pumpkins while you're devouring a delicious pumpkin pie, you'll want to hoard all the pumpkin that you see this season once you discover the AMAZING beauty boosts that they give!  Plus, the other yummy ingredients that consolidate the pumpkin pie will seriously get you hungry for more beauty!"


Included in this kit were five full-sized items, fully-detailed with a great informational card with directions for use, which is extremely helpful since the directions on the packaging is almost all in Korean.




DEARBERRY Coco's Secret Recipe Pumpkin (100ml FULL-SIZED) - This pumpkin wash-off pack is made from real pumpkin extracts and has a spongy paste-like texture that smoothly adheres to skin.  Pumpkin carries high concentrates of vitamins and beta-carotene which deeply replenish dry skin and clarifies and brightens up dull, uneven complexion.

INSOBEAU Multi Complex V-Line Repair Sleeping Mask (80ml FULL-SIZED) - This sleeping mask contains rich nutrients and protein from its egg complex.  The buttery yellow formula resembling egg yolk melts quickly into skin with minimal stickiness to revitalize and firm dry, tired skin overnight.  A blend of adenosine, peptide, argan oil, collagen, albutin, and ceramide delivers intense moisture resurge and skin brightening effect as well.

The wash-off pack is really a light mask.  It has the consistency and appearance of canned pumpkin, and was great fun to use.  I liked the pumpkin smell and how it felt on my face.  It left my face smooth and I noticed a more even skin tone, but that could've been because of the cleanser and scrub I used.  The sleeping pack was delightful as well.  There was a distinctive egg-like visual effect and feel.  It had only a little scent.  Just clean, but the initial sensation on my skin kinda burned.  Once it settled in, my face was very soft.

TONYMOLY Gold Black Sugar Mask (100ml FULL-SIZED) An effective facial exfoliator formulated with nutrients from black sugar, gold, and honey extracts.  Use occasionally to cleanse away excessive dead skin cells, oil, and skin impurities piled up in the pores to make skin sensitive and troublesome. This facial mask will work wonders to bring back the suppleness and healthy glow to your complexion.

This smelled delicious.  The black sugar granules are very large, and the process is abrasive, so I would only suggest using this once a week.

ENESTI Shea Butter Hand Cream Lemon & Verbena (50g FULL-SIZED) - This hand cream has a lightweight, non-sticky formula that softly melts onto hands and leaves skin feeling super moist and nourished.  A blend of lemon and verbena extracts gently soothes and replenishes dehydrated hands.

ENESTI Day To Day Rice & Milk Cleansing Foam (160g FULL-SIZED) - Enriched with abundant milk protein and rice extracts, this cleansing foam gently cleanses away all makeup residues and skin impurities while also clarifying uneven skin tone for a brighter, more youthful complexion.
 
I have the Enesti hand cream in Apple & Honey, which I enjoy very much, so I was excited to get another.  I didn't expect to like it even more.  I don't know about lemon and verbena being in pumpkin pie, but I'll take it!  It has a bold, citrus smell and is thick without leaving your hands greasy.  The cleansing foam was super airy, like whipped meringue.  It had a sweet milky scent and was a fine cleanser.

THE VERDICT:  Despite my ridiculously late use of a box meant for Fall, I was a happy girl.  This was a start-to-finish facial, give or take a few steps... cleanser, exfoliant, mask and sleeping pack.  My skin really does feel fantastic.  I love the theme and thoughtful curation.  I've rarely had a "bad" Memebox.  Even so, this is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment