Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Glossybox (February 2015)

I've been admiring Glossybox from afar for a while.  After stints with ipsy, Birchbox and Beauty Box 5, which are between $10 - $12 in monthly costs, and a measure of displeasure with each, I decided to splurge and get the object of my desire.
 
Glossybox is a monthly subscription that delivers beauty products - hair care, skin care, makeup, perfumes, tools, etc. to your door for $21 per month if you buy the monthly plan, but that price goes down if you buy a 3-, 6- or 12-month subscription.
 
Glossybox carries some of the best brands in beauty.  Each box contains five items from full-sized to deluxe samples.  Following is the contents of my February box, and my impressions of each:  
 
SCALISI SKINCARE Cleanser & Exfoliator (3.4oz full-size, $25) - designed to prevent and repair visible wrinkles in tandem, this hybrid cleanser/exfoliator utilizes gentle microbeads to remove impurities and contains hydrating botanicals like jojoba, macadamia nut and sunflower oils. I did not like the scent. It was very chemical-y. But I did like how well it cleaned my face.
 
RITUALS COSMETICS Foaming Shower Gel Sensation in Yogi Flow (6.7oz full-size, $15) - The unique gel-like formula transforms into a rich foam on contact with water.  Combines the ancient Ayurvedic ingredients of sweet almond oil and Indian rose.  I loved this stuff, it was extra super foamy.  The scent was light and clean.
 
UNWASH Bio-Cleansing Conditioner (2.5oz deluxe sample, ~$7) - This lightly fruit-scented formula replaces your shampoo and conditioner, thoroughly cleansing without stripping natural oils, moisture, or compromising color.  OHMIGOSH!  This stuff was amazing.  I am not a big fan of co-washes, but this... just WOW!  My hair felt completely clean and remarkably soft.  This is something I want in my arsenal when my hair is tired of my regular shampoo and conditioner.
 
JULEP Color Treat in Hartleigh (0.27oz full-size, $14) - I received this product in a prior Julep order, so I was a little disappointed to see it show up here.  However, it is a high-quality polish.  Glossybox knows how to spoil their members.
 
ROYAL APOTHIC Tinties lip Butter in Pink (01.2oz full-size, $14) - Within the vintage-inspired packaging is a sweet pink balm, comprised of soothing ingredients like argan, grape seed and almond oils along with shea butter. I liked the super-light tint and the slightly buttery taste. Very moisturizing.
 
This box had a total value of $75, contained amazing products and arrived in a delightful "LOVE" themed box.  As long as they keep this up, I expect a long, happy relationship with Glossybox.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment