Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box (Winter 2014)

This box is one big crap-fest is what I would say if I had paid anymore than the five dollar shipping fee.

On the other hand, I have SO many samples from various subscription services that this is just more to add to the sad pile.  I should've held onto my five dollars and applied it towards a Memebox, a Korean beauty company.  But this is Walmart.

I received my box WAY late in December.  I almost thought they'd forgotten about me.  Or that I only THOUGHT I'd ordered it.  Anyway, it was five dollars so I wasn't concerned enough to check.

Wow... my enthusiasm is just palpable, isn't it?

I read several other bloggers' reviews, and the products they received were a bit better (and earlier), so I suppose I got the runt of the litter.  More on that later.

The products I received were:

Loreal Paris Color Vibrancy Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner, and Instant Shock Treatment

Each foil packet is 0.34oz.  I've had these before.  I don't believe I DISLIKED them, but there's so little product I have to mix it with my standard Biolage hair products to fully coat my long hair.

John Freida Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner (plus $2 off coupon)

These foil packets are even smaller with only 0.28oz in each one.  This is a slightly higher end brand, but mixing it with my Biolage isn't going to give me an accurate feel for it.

Loreal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Day Cream and Golden Serum

There's no mention of the size of these packets, but they're probably an ounce each.  I have so much Korean face creams and serums that are better quality and chemical free that I probably won't try this at all.

Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Lotion (plus $1 off coupon)

This package is 0.34oz, so probably one use on the hands.  Nivea's a good brand though, so, well, okay... just used it.  Nice stuff.
 
Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes

There are five of these and although I don't use this kind of product on my face, they're always good for a dirty tushie.

Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream

This 1.75oz deluxe sample (regular size is 7oz) is a good amount to try.  But I don't care for the chemicals in the ingredients list.  Think I'll pass this on.

Olay Tone Protecting Cream

How adorable is this teeny, tiny 0.24oz tube?  Again, too many chemicals in comparison to my beloved K-beauty products.

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

There's a full ounce to this lotion.  Like Nivea, Aveeno is a good product.  This size will be nice to throw in my purse on a dry day.

Some of the items other bloggers reviewed from the same season's box include: Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder card, Olay Fresh Effects Everything Off Makeup Removal Wet Cloths (7 count), Loreal Oleo Therapy Oil Infused Shampoo & Conditioner (2oz each), Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream (1oz), Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick (full-sized).

I might've preferred the 2oz Loreal Oleo shampoo and conditioner, but most of the other bloggers got the lipstick in a yucky brownish bronze called "Maple Kiss" and they weren't terribly fond of it.  I believe the Fall box I received was much better.  I don't think I'll be trying another seasonal Walmart box.  Most of the samples were stuff you can send off for by visiting the companies' websites for no shipping costs anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment