Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Memebox: Special #48 Rose Edition

This is my ninth Memebox, I have four more sitting here and two ordered.  I'm OBSESSED with Memebox.  They are not a subscription service; instead they allow you to only buy the boxes you're interested in, although most are mysteries.  I would be stoked if they did have a subscription service though.  

A little background:  "Memebox curates only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. An extremely competitive industry, Korean cosmetics are renowned for their unprecedented quality developed through cutting-edge technology."

I was disappointed to miss out on the Scentbox #1 Rose, which had some wonderful looking products in it including a foam cleanser and plumpy lip tint by Rosemine, a body wash by Happy Bath, and a skin primer by Hope Girl.  So I was all over this one!

This box cost $23 (plus $6.99 S+H), but by buying it when it first went on sale to VIPS, I saved $3, paying $26.99, and there was a total value of $120.

"Enhance your mood, enhance your beauty, and bask in rose-y goodness!  Roses, associated with beauty and romance across cultures, has been the root of beauty rituals for centuries.  Historically romantic and brimming with beauty benefits, roses are packed with nutrients that naturally soothe and revive the skin, body, and soul!"


"Everything from classic rose-scented treats to rose-infused beauty delights, this Memebox Rose Edition lets you experience all the beauty benefits that this miracle flower has to offer."

Included in this kit were five full-sized items and one deluxe sample, fully-detailed with a great informational card with directions for use, which is extremely helpful since the directions on the packaging is almost all in Korean.
 

KSKIN Bulgarian Rose UV Whitening Cream SPF50+PA+++ (50ml FULL-SIZE) - Enriched with Bulgarian rose oil, green tea extracts, hydrolyzed collagen, arbutin, and adenosine, this tone-balancing and brightening facial cream protects skin with a high UVA/UVB level all season long and also works to bring back the healthy glow to dulled complexion.


ROSERY Premium Feminine Secret Cleanser (50ml Deluxe Sample) - The Rosery Premium Feminine Secret Cleanser is infused with Bulgarian rose oil and rose petal extracts for a lingering romantic rose fragrance in the most secretive and sensitive part of feminine body.  Its soft and gentle foam bubbles  will cleanse away any foul odor or impurities and create a protective barrier for maintaining refreshed, clean body.

The first selfie is of my expression when I read the instructions for the feminine cleanser and saw the word 'pudenda' to describe the female anatomy.  The second selfie is of my expression when I realized that I had a nice, less offensive new word to describe the female anatomy.

The whitening cream was a bit of a shock when I applied it because, well... it actually whitened my face.  Most Korean beauty products that are labeled as 'whitening' are actually more like moisturizers to get rid of dark spots on the skin.  This was really a primer.  I tried using it in the middle of my nighttime beauty routine and had to clean off and start over.  It didn't really smell like roses to me; just slightly floral.  Had I known, I would've saved it for the swap pile.  But I may try it the next time I wear makeup as a base.  The feminine cleanser smelled wonderful, and although I used it this time as described (for science), I think I'll just use it as a body cleanser from now on.

LANGSRE Rose Berry 700 Sleeping Pack (50ml FULL-SIZED) A deeply hydrating sleeping pack formulated with rose water and real rose petals.  It'll revive the dewy, brightened complexion within you overnight by delivering rich nutrients and moisture deep down into the skin.
 

ASTON NATURE Organic Rose Hip Oil (30ml FULL-SIZED) - A 100% organic rose hip oil which deeply nourishes, softens, and protects the skin, for a heather, silky smooth complexion.

The sleeping pack had only a faint rose smell.  The texture was like jelly and pleased me in appearance.  It made my face super soft.  The rose hip oil didn't have a rosy scent.  I believe it's more about the ingredient than the smell.  I found it left my skin slightly greasy though despite its high retail value, so it will not be a regular part of my routine.


MILKY DRESS Blooming Rose Skin Toner (130ml FULL-SIZED) - This gentle rose floral water hydrates the skin for a plump and toned complexion.  The natural aromatic experience also adds a mood-enhancing effect and it is recommended to use it for revitalizing the skin throughout the day, setting makeup, and soothing skin irritations.

ETUDE HOUSE My Castle Hand Cream Forever Rose (130ml FULL-SIZED) - Made from a blend of shea butter and 6 kinds of organic herbs - centella asiatica, aloe, lavender, lemon verbena, marshmallow roots, and chamomile - the My Castle Hand Cream is extremely hydrating and scented with a lovely golden rose fragrance for a long-lasting pleasance.

In addition to having lovely rose petals floating about the bottle, the skin toner was amazing.  It had the most intoxicating fresh rose scent, and made my skin feel really nice as the first step of my beauty routine.  The hand cream went on easy and did not leave a greasy residue.  The initial smell was a bit off-putting, but got better as it absorbed into my skin.

THE VERDICT:  Just opening this box was amazing.  The whole room smelled like fresh roses as soon as I took it out of the package.  Minus the whitening cream, everything in this box was a winner.  Another great Memebox!

4 comments:

  1. The packaging on the etude house cream is so cute! Almost worth having just for that! #kbeautybloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Just not very good for tossing in the purse... and a little tough to get the lotion out of the bottom.

      Delete
  2. I got the original Rose scentbox which was great. I wonder why so many Bulgarian roses in Korean skincare? Would love to know the connection there. #kbeautybloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I'm just glad there is a connection because they smell fantastic!

      Delete