Memebox

Memebox

Friday, October 31, 2014

Memebox: Superbox #59 Halloween Special

This is actually my SIXTH Memebox.  I've reviewed three, but since this is Halloween I wanted to go ahead and get this one reviewed.  

I'm OBSESSED with Memebox.  They are not a subscription service; instead they allow you to only buy the boxes you're interested in, although most are mysteries.  I would be stoked if they did have a subscription service though.

A little background:  "Memebox curates only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. An extremely competitive industry, Korean cosmetics are renowned for their unprecedented quality developed through cutting-edge technology."

I was interested in this box because I fully intended on wearing this adorable creepy Raggedy Ann costume.  It is super cute and super demented.  But here we are, Halloween, and no place to go.

This box was $23 for the kit (plus $6.99 S+H), so I paid $29.99 for this kit, but I ordered it with another kit as well, which got me $6.99 off the other box.

"This Halloween, your possibilities are endless with a chock-full of spooky makeup ideas!  No need to drop loads of cash on costumes you'll only wear once a year, just grab this Halloween Special box, loaded with fun and crafty makeup ideas that are fit for any Halloween occasion!  Whether you plan on being a sexy vamp, a pretty pixie, or just sport your trust ol' witch hat for the night, these doable Halloween makeup ideas will compliment any costume and also be sure to get you a double-take!"
Included in this kit were SEVEN full-sized items, fully-detailed with a great informational card with directions for use, which was extremely helpful since the directions on the packaging is almost all in Korean.  The total value for all of the products is a whopping $101.00.



REVECEN Face Control Foundation 100 White (17g FULL-SIZE) - This unique Face Control Foundation works to cover up skin imperfections and control dull, yellow skin tone for a more refined, evenly balanced, and healthier-looking complexion.  For our Halloween Special box, we've included this product in 'white' to help you create that whitened-out face perfect as base makeup for featuring basically anything you choose to be this Halloween!  Plus, it contains natural preservatives such as green tea extracts and magnolia extracts, and thus gentle and suitable for all skin types.

REVECEN Cake Eye Liner Black (3.5g FULL-SIZED) - REVECEN's Cake Eye Liner is made into a hard-type powder formula which can be used as an eye shadow, but when mixed with a little bit of water, it turns into a gel-type eye liner and you can control how gel-like it is by regulating the water concentration.  Use a thin eye liner brush or a paint brush to paint things like a spider's web or a devil's eye on your face.

REVECEN Supra Lining Color 007 Purple (17g FULL-SIZED) - This Supra Lining Color is a real face and body paint and its color formation, gentle formula, and lasting strength is highly acknowledged and well-loved by Korean beauty explorers who enjoy experimenting with different items for creating various eye, lip, and facial makeup looks.
 
I'm pale-skinned to begin with.  The foundation went on so smoothly.  I just used my fingers.  It also came off super easy.  I had some trouble using the eye liner even as I wetted it.  I'll probably just use a regular stick liner in the future.  I used the lining color as both an eyeshadow and a lip liner.  It went on pretty thickly on my lid, and spread as an ombre to a light violet on my lids.  I couldn't really get it to stay in line on my lips though.

RECEVEN Eye Lash (FULL-SIZED) Thick, exaggerated, and glittery fake lashes for this Halloween?  REVECEN boosts many lash types and its gentle acrylic emulsion for adhering the fake lashes over your own.  Maintain your lashes healthy and strong while beautifying with these lovely accentuations!

REVECEN Liquid Lipstick Blood (8ml FULL-SIZED) - No need to purchase a bottle of fake blood this year with REVECEN's newly formulated Liquid Lipstick in blood color!  Specially designed to resemble liquid blood, this lipstick can be used not only for creating that bloody lip makeup but also for painting blood gushing out of your eyes and mouth or for featuring a fake scar.

I am definitely not good at putting on fake eyelashes!  HA!  But once I got them in place, they looked pretty good.  I'd probably go with a more dramatic lash in the future since my eyelashes almost disappear into my eye fold.   I LOVED the lipstick.  It was a gorgeous blood red, so smooth, but it does stain your skin pretty easily.  It got a little messy with on my hands and fingers.

 
ELIZAVECCA Lip Tattoo (FULL-SIZED) - Ever thought of getting a tattoo on your lips?  Completely waterproof and lasting for more than 8 hours without an smudges whatsoever, Elizavecca's Lip Tattoo offers you a fun, unique beauty item to play around with this Halloween.  Indulge in deep wine or a dark burgundy colored lip tattoo!

LALANC Real Tattoo (FULL-SIZED) - LALANC's fashion Real Tattoos are easy to apply, long-lasting, waterproof, and actually look like real tattoos.  Pick out a skull, s wing, or even an anchor and tattoo it right beside your eyes, on your neck, over your wrist, or wherever you want to add a special finish to your Halloween concept.

As you can see from the picture on the left, the lip tattoo did not go... so well.  I'll probably be staying away from those, but I'm sure it was operator error!  The tattoos were easy to use, but they were pretty low quality.  One of them stuck to the waxy side and I barely had to press the tattoo itself onto my skin for it to stick.  In fact, a second tattoo stuck as well without even putting any pressure on it... and it rubbed off really easily. 

THE VERDICT:  With the exception of the two tattoo packages, I was very pleased with all of the products included.  Another win for Memebox!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, the white foundation seems awesome, would of make a killer skull face! I love seasonal Memeboxes, but this was one of the few I wasn't sure about. Since I'm so picky on Halloween things. I Loled at the lip tattoo operator error. I'm sure if I tried one, it would have been a similar result lol. #kbeautybloghop

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 5 of the Revecen products were really great quality. I'd definitely keep my eye out for that brand in future boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lip tattoos are interesting. I'd probably mess them up, but they'd be fun to try! #kbeautybloghop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it came with two, so maybe I'll give them another try...

    ReplyDelete