Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Nail Art Society (June 2014)

My letter this month read:

"DEAR NAILISTA,

"Your June 2014 kit is here!  We have curated the #pediproper pedicure kit to give your toes the love they deserve.  We've included a mini Ciate polish, a pedicure set, plus a special product to help keep your skin hydrated this season.  We hope your feet enjoy!

"The NAS Team"

Unfortunately, I did not receive the BONUS GIFT, which I assume is the "special product to help keep your skin hydrated this season."  I have contacted Nail Art Society but have yet to receive a response.

There was a handy card included in the kit, explaining all of the products they chose this month.  I really like that they kept the pedi theme consistent throughout the kit.

Each kit came with one of five Ciate polish minis.  I'm not sure the name of the name of this particular color.  It's not labeled.

Included as an accessory to the polish is an exclusive NAS glitter pot for a sparkling accent nail.  I painted all of my toenails with the polish except for the toes next to my big toes (sorry I don't know the proper terminology for toes).  I painted that toe a lovely shade of bright green from the Julep collection called "Tatum".   Then I put the glitter on my big toe and sealed the glitter on with several layers of clear coat.  I think they came out pretty cute, but the glitter was absolutely EVERYWHERE.  There was quite a bit of cleanup involved.

The pedi set was pretty thorough.  All the tools you need for a perfect pedicure.

I'm likely to not get the not get the names of these items correct, but here goes:  Toe separaters, a file, a buffer square, nail clippers, umm, a stick with rubber thing at the end, and err, a wooden stick that I assume is for cuticles, and uhh, a brushy thingy, which I have no idea what to do with.

I'm pretty pleased with this kit, even though I don't know what some of this stuff is, and despite not receiving the bonus gift.  I always enjoy giving myself a pedicure.  And I think this one is a great accent for the outfit I'm wearing to my dad's wedding this weekend.

I'm a little late with this post.  Obviously.  But I had recently been treated to a deluxe salon pedicure by my mother.  And whatever they used on my toes DID. NOT. WANT. TO. COME. OFF.  Really, it took me like, ten days to (almost) fully remove the blue polish.  I should be posting July's review within the next week or so.

Until then, keep them toesies happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment