Memebox

Memebox

Monday, August 11, 2014

Birchbox (July 2014) + Points Purchase

I'm not even going to rehash the boxes within boxes thing. :-)

Birchbox paired with Women's Health Magazine this month to curate our kits.  Here's mine:


1)  Whish Shaving Cream in Acai Grapefruit - A shea butter-packed shaving cream in a pick-me-up grapefruit scent.  It smells lovely, but I won't be trying it because... I dry shave.  DON'T JUDGE ME! :-)

2)  Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Eye Shadow Palette - From the just-launched palette, these matte and shimmery shades will have you tickled pink.  Except that mine weren't pink.  I had a dark matte brown, a medium shimmery brown, a different shimmery brown, and a light shimmery tan. I typically wear purples because I have hazel eyes, but these were very pretty colors.  Just a little extra... shimmery. 

3)  Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel - This acid-free peel gently exfoliates for instantly softer, smoother, and brighter skin.  I was pretty impressed.  First I was nervous because my skin is so sensitive.  But I used it, and was shocked at how much dry skin, dead cells, just rubbed right off.

4)  Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - Anti-aging multi-tasker that conquers wrinkles and dark circles at the first signs of aging.  I didn't dislike this eye cream.  I just wasn't wowed by it.  In a market as saturated in great products as the eye cream market is, you kinda need that WOW factor.

5)  100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel - All-natural, richly foaming cleanser with aloe to hydrate and green tea to nourish skin.  I didn't care much for this shower gel.  The smell was delicious, but it didn't foam up well, and it did not leave my skin feeling moisturized like some of my favorites do.  It also took both sample packets to leave me with this still unfulfilling shower experience.

EXTRA!  Included in this box was a 12-month subscription to Women's Health Magazine.  If you are not interested in the magazine, you can fill it out and mail the card in for a refund of the $9.99 subscription fee.  Even though you didn't even pay for it!  Basically you're getting the $10 Birchbox subscription fee for the month back, making this Birchbox FREE!

                                                                                                                                                                   
 
With my Birchbox Points, I was also able to purchase a $20 Deborah Lippmann nail polish called Million Dollar Mermaid.  It's a creamy orange shade is made with chip-resistant ingredients and punchy tangerine glitter.  I absolutely love it.  The quality of the polish itself is sublime, and the color is beautiful for any occasion.  I will definitely be getting more Deborah Lippmann nail polishes, most likely for free with my lovely Birchbox Points.



No comments:

Post a Comment