Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Beauty Box 5 (August 2014)


Ugh... I'm not gonna sugar-coat it.  I'm pretty disappointed in this month's Beauty Box 5, and that's hard for me to say because BB5 has been without a doubt my favorite subscription sample box.  So much in fact, when my finances are less than stellar, it's the only one I keep.

Each Beauty Box 5 comes with a handy card detailing each product they have included this month.

1)  Nanacoco Lip Gloss in First Kiss - "Your lips deserve a rush of color and shine with no stickiness attached.!  We adore Nanacoco's gloss because it's packed full of pigments and vitamin E to keep your sassy pout poppin' and nourished at the same time."  There is no chance I can pull off this dark fuchsia color so it will be going in the swap pile.  I wish they could somehow personalize the colors received because a nice neutral would've made a great addition to my collection.

2)  Style Essentials Nail Polish - "Bored with plain polish?  Wave hello to shiny, exciting nail!  This lavish lacquer adds a pretty dash of color and fun finish to your digits, and the easy-to-apply brush makes switching to a new hue simple."  This is a blue and white confetti polish and has no name to describe the color.  I'm sorry, but I'm 35 years old.  I like trying new fun looks.  It's just that confetti is pushing the age-appropriateness line.

3)  Pur~lisse Pur-protect SPF 30 - "This lightweight moisturizer has the perfect amount of SPF to protect your pretty face and won't upset sensitive complexions."  SNORE!  Every box this summer has contained Pur~lisse.  I couldn't be more sick of seeing these show up.

4)  La Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes - "Since they condition with vitamin E, aloe and cucumber, they're gentle enough for all skin types and calm your complexion in a snap."  No way I'm fitting anything else in my purse, so I guess these will be going in the restroom.

5)  ROUX Anti-Aging Hair Serum - "This leave-in elixir of vitamins A and E, biotin, keratin, and UV filters is straight TLC for your tresses!  It strengthens your locks to make them look younger while adding moisture and brightness for a fortified finish."  This is the only product that I'm looking forward to trying.  Unfortunately it will have to wait until after my hair project blog has been completed.  Look for a review of ROUX in a future random products review post.  Luckily for me, not only is this a better hair care product than those who received similar boxes as me, it is also worth the box price so at least I got my money's worth.

Needless to say, I'm not exactly thrilled with this BB5, especially since I gave up Birchbox this month.  My expectations are very high for September.

No comments:

Post a Comment