Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Treatsie (July 2014)

 
Treatsie is one of the best subscription boxes out there, no doubt.  If you like sweets, and a variety, and a lot of it, you need this box.  At $15 per box, plus $4.95 shipping, the value of the box is not much higher than the price ($20-$25 each month), but receiving this carefully curated box of candies from small artisan confectionaries makes up for the pricing.  This will be my only box, sadly, until my financial situation improves.  I've looked at prior months and they all look incredible and so different than anything else you can find.  Their shop, in which you can buy the candies individually, is ridiculously tempting.  I want one of everything.

I cannot say how much I loved this box.  Just a little shout-out to each company that contributed to this box:

*  Shotwell Candy Co.
*  Seattle Chocolates
*  Raley's Confectionary


I wasn't terribly impressed with the Shotwell Candy Co. "Old Fashioned" Cocktail Caramels.  They had a slight citrusy flavor that took away from the real caramel taste.  They were also crazy sweet.  I know caramel is supposed to be sweet since it is basically SUGAR, but I've had much better.

I did find the Hand-Crushed Espresso Caramels very interesting though.  They had a salty flavor that offset the sweetness, and the chunks of espresso made for a delightful change in texture.

The husband stole my Seattle Chocolate Dark Chocolate Truffle Bar, but he was kind enough to give me a small chunk off of it, and it was delicious!  It was a very large, thick candy bar and was much creamier than most dark chocolate bars I've had.  Hands down, best I've ever had.

Upon waking up the next morning, I found half a candy bar waiting for me.  Once again the husband got to my Total Toffee Truffle Bar before I had the chance to try it.  But at least he was kind enough to leave me half this time instead of just a quarter.  It was delightful.  The toffee was not overwhelming like it is in a lot of toffee bars.

The Milk Chocolate Truffle Bar, most of which was also hijacked by the husband, was also perfect.  So creamy, I would easily compare the quality of these chocolate bars to that of Godiva, and that's not something I thought I could say about another confection.

At 2.5oz each, these are nice-sized candy bars.  I with certainty will be buying more of these and other flavored Seattle Chocolate bars.  Next time I shall hide them from the husband.

These Raley's Confectionary Treatsie Variety Mix were an absolute delight.  Mixing flavors such as lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange, pomegranate, banana, root beer, blueberry, cherry, raspberry, watermelon, tutti-frutti, strawberry, mango and kiwi, you never know which flavor combination you're going to get with these handmade hard candies, but it doesn't matter because they are all delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment