Memebox

Memebox

Monday, July 7, 2014

Memebox: Nakedbox #22

My first Memebox!  I was pretty stoked to find Memebox.  I'm subscribed to at least three (four?) other beauty boxes, and often, there are duplicates from one subscription to the next. But this one is amazing because you only order the boxes that interest you, and how exotic is it that they only send the most popular beauty products from Korea.  A little background:

"Memebox curates only the most trusted, best-loved Korean beauty products at everyday prices. An extremely competitive industry, Korean cosmetics are renowned for their unprecedented quality developed through cutting-edge technology.


"Gently guiding your discovery, Memebox believes in offering consumers the utmost freedom, steering away from the traditional subscription-based programs offered by most other sampling services. Order from Memebox only when you want to, as often as you want to. In addition to our box series, Memeshop carries full-sized products featured in previous Memeboxes, offering easy access to Korean cosmetic trends."
I chose for my first box the NakedBox #22 purely for the fact that I could see first what I was receiving.  I got a really great deal too.  I received ten Meme Points just for signing up.  Each Meme Point is worth $1, so immediately that's $10 to spend.  At $23 for the kit (plus $6.99 S+H), and using a $5 off coupon "MEMEBOXKiiP", I only spent $14.99.  And it seems that Memebox is always creating fantastic new boxes and offers many different promotions and bundles.

"Nakedbox #22 includes items perfect for traveling!  It will insure you bring all travel essentials in your pouch.  This box with all of its components revealed from the very beginning is dedicated to you girls out there who feel a bit shy or hesitant in trying out our beauty boxes."  

Included in this kit:

ELLEgirl I say Tint You Say Gloss (10ml FULL-SIZED) - Pucker up your lips with this beautiful tinted gloss.  It softens your lips with its hydrating formula and locks in moisture for smooth lips all day.

MAKEON Mermaid Waterproof Gel Pencil Liner Set (5 FULL-SIZED products) - Create captivating eyes in five different colors with first or second season of Mekeon's Mermaid Waterproof Gel Eyeliner.  Long-lasting, waterproof, and ultra smooth, this gel eyeliner makes lining your eyes like a pro easy.  For a smoky, dramatic look, it can also double as a softly spreadable eyeshadow.  The five shades are:  Party Tonight Pearl Black, Lovely Expresso Brown, Sexy Vampire Burgundi, Secret Princess Gold, and Look at Me Lovely Beige.

I really liked both of these products.  The lip gloss may be a little brighter than I would normally wear every day, but the texture was great, I loved how light it felt on my lips, and the color was a stunning cherry red.

The eyeliner colors were exciting.  They go on a little thick so I will probably save the darker colors for evenings out.  And boy, did they not want to wash off of my wrist.  I imagine they would be completely smudge-proof.

Dr. G Bling Bling Cream (45ml FULL-SIZED) - An all-in-one product that provides natural skin coverage, controls oil and provides a matte velvety finish.

MISE EN SCENCE Curling Essence (30ml deluxe sample) - Enriched with argan oil and cedar wood oil, this two-in-one hair essence provides deep nutrition and helps define your curls all at once.  It will instantly make your sagging curls bounce with luster and elasticity.

ILLI Green Tea Brightening Mask (20g FULL-SIZED) - This 100% cotton mask drenches the skin with green tea's fusion of vitamin, amino acids, minerals, and organic acids, while working to revitalize, comfort, and provide intense hydration.  It immediately replenishes dehydrated skin, leaving it refreshed and cool.

I had SO MUCH FUN scaring my husband and dogs with this mask! I got kicked out of the living room!!!  Then of course I had to send pictures to everyone I know!  Anyways, the product itself was really interesting.  It was a heavily saturated mask, kinda slimy.  Thank God the instructions were on the Memebox website because the package directions were completely in Korean.  It didn't dry on my face, but instead you remove it after 15-20 minutes and do not wipe off the mixture.  My face has felt dewy and fresh for hours.

I wasn't sure how I'd like the face cream.  Thought it might be more appropriate for the younger crowd, but I used some on the back of my hand and it blended flawlessly... nothing screamed "Bling Bling," so that was good.

I'm on the fence about the curling essence cream.  The timing is perfect because I'm going curly-haired for July, but it smelled like... nail polish remover.  If I decide to try it, I'll be sure to post about it in my random product reviews for July.

I enjoyed this box so much that I immediately ordered a Luckybox when it went on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment