Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Julep, 9... Shannon, 0 (or 23 perspectively)



Oh, Julep!  You sneaky little manipulators, you... offering me all these amazing deals.  I'm not even a Maven, only because I like picking from a larger selection when I order, but you guys keep reeling me in with these emails with offers I cannot refuse.

I say Julep, 9, because they've CONNED me (okay, that's a little dramatic) into placing 9 orders over the past couple of months.  But I've ended up with 23 different products, including the Glycolic Hand Scrub and the Glow On Hand Brightener, which I LURVE!  I'M A JULEP-AHOLIC!

First they say, enter code "MYFAVE" to buy one, get one free.  That's two polishes for $7 each.  Edith is a cherry blossom pink crème with holographic glitter.

Gotta be honest, I couldn't see any holographic glitter... instead the polish looks a little clumpy.  And it's more of a mauve-ish than cherry blossom.  But Julep has amazing customer service so I'm sure it will get sorted out.

My other choice was Tatum, a neon chartreuse chrome that I wanted during their last red marker sale, so I was very happy to get this one.  I haven't tried it yet, but through the bottle, it looks gorgeous and I have no doubt that I will love it.

Then surprise!  They're having a Happy 4th of July Sale... $10 polishes, PLUS secret code "BARBECUE" for 50% off.  Now you've got me with $5 polishes.

I wanted Aretha, the special March Birthstone Collection special edition multi-dimensional aquamarine glitter top coat.  I paired that with Rose, a juicy watermelon red crème.  As you can see from the photo on the right, I wouldn't call it a watermelon shade, but it is very lovely.  The two together made for a happy combo.  I also look forward to using Aretha over a white so the bluish glitter has its chance to shine through.

As if the fourth of July sale wasn't enough, they threw in a 7/7 Sale, in which several of the polishes on my wishlist were only $7 each, plus with a purchase over $15 I could use the code "POLISHPERK" for another free polish worth $14 also from my wishlist.
 
The polishes I chose were:

*  Clara, an opaque peach crème,
*  Lilou, a lemon chiffon crème,
*  Margaret, a light periwinkle crème, and
*  Tracy, a sparkly ocean blue sea salt

For the manicure picture above, from thumb to pinky, I went with pastel crème polishes, including Lilou, Clara, Edith (earlier in this post), Elisa (from a prior post), and Margaret.  I like it. :-)

 
All of my new polishes, left to right, Aretha, Clara,
Edith, Lilou, Margaret, Rose, Tatum and Tracy


Yes, I still have at least eight colors on my wishlist, with that number growing at an alarming rate (tee, hee).  But I'm certain that Julep will soon ambush me with another set of amazing promotions.  Until then, I'm going to have a great time mixing and matching all of these beautiful colors for some gorgeous manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment