Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, July 17, 2014

ipsy (July 2014)


I'll just be honest.  This was my first ipsy Glam Bag, and I wasn't thrilled with it.  From their website it looks like they had a fantastic variety of items... Benefit's they're real! beyond mascara, Elizabeth Mott's Tints & Sass, Faith Aromatherapy body lotion, Sexy Hair products, several nail polishes (which I can never get enough of), including Nailtini's Mango Rita.  I did get one of the two bareMinerals eyeshadows, but that's the only thing I really would've picked for myself.

Levilin Jojoba Gel Cream (0.5oz) was definitely the better of the two skin creams I received.  Jojoba oil is similar to human skin oil, is known to restore the skin's natural luster and suppleness, and soften and hydrate dry skin.  Levilin claims to calm and soften skin, to be excellent after over-exposure to sun, and is suitable for use in "intimate areas".  I did notice a softer, silkier texture to my skin after application.

The pur~lisse (snore) has been showing up in subscriptions like weeds.  pur~lisse Essential Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 (0.5oz) has a unique peptide complex, Lotus Lupine 5 and Hydra-Shield Complex that offers full-spectrum sun protection in a light weight nourishing moisturizer to protect against premature aging caused by the sun.  I didn't notice any changes to my skin's texture, and it also has that strong smell of most other sunscreens.

Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink (0.06oz) was okay... nothing to write home about.  The glossy gel balm protects and hydrates instantly.  After the balm wears off, lips are left tinted with a personalized hue depending on the pH level of your lips.  The twist-up crayon requires no sharpening.

bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum with SPF 15 in Divine Wine (0.03oz) was the only product I was truly excited to see in my Glam Bag.  I'm a big fan of bareMinerals products as they are made with some of the best, skin-friendly ingredients, and they look fantastic.  This is one of their newest products, and is called 5-in-1 because it 1) has 12-hour long-wearing color; 2) is a super-charged primer; 3) has powerful brightening benefits; 4) smoothes fine lines; and 5) protects with SPF.  It's available in 10 lovely, neutral shades.  I liked how creamy it went onto my skin, stayed fluid long enough for me to spread how I wanted it, and then within a minute dried to the consistency of a high quality moisturizer.  It also cleaned off easily.

The last item in my bag, and perhaps the most disappointing was the POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine (0.25oz).  I don't have anything against POP Beauty products, but I filled out a beauty questionnaire when I signed up for ipsy, and I kinda feel like they must've not even looked at it.  I have fair, ghostly white skin.  I'm not even going to be able to try this product so I'll probably give it away.  It reports to give skin a soft honey beamed hue, with added Vitamin E.  I'm sure it's a lovely product so I have nothing bad to say about it.  I just sadly cannot pull off bronzers.

No comments:

Post a Comment