Memebox

Memebox

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Beauty Box 5 (July 2014)

Beauty Box 5 is quickly becoming one of my favorite subscriptions.  One reason being that they don't produce as much waste for the sake of presentation.  They let the products speak for themselves.  I like that.

This particular box contained a lot of items I've seen showing up in others that I've researched, but lucky for me, I haven't received any yet so it's all new to me.

Beauty Box 5 comes complete with a card detailing all of the products included in the kit and their full-size prices.  Since there were three full-sized items this month, I figure the total value to be over $17, which is only slightly over the $12 price but they're all new products to me so I'm excited.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to review the two hair products on this post.  I'm conducting an experiment... but I will express my opinions in a future Random Products Review.  The shame is that I have really been hoping for a Miss Jessie's sample and now I have to wait to use it.  Without further ado, here's what I got:

1)  HASK Argan Oil from Morocco Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment (1.75oz FULL-SIZED) - strengthens, restores and smooths dry, damaged hair.

2)  MISS JESSIE'S Multicultural Curls (1oz sample) - gives your curls uniformity and manageability while at the same time fights frizz and adds just the right amount of super soft hold.

3)  ANNA NATURALS Glowing Mama Walnut Face & Body Scrub (0.5oz sample) - Boasting a vegan formula, free of parabens, harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances, this is a delightful exfoliant.  The granules are the perfect size to get a good scrub, and the scent is scrumptious, smelling like a mixture of citrus and walnuts.  Something I would add to my regular routine.

4)  BODY DRENCH Candy Licious Lips (0.09oz FULL-SIZED) - infused with beeswax, coconut oil and Vitamin E, this red licorice flavored lip balm really does taste great.  And despite looking very bright, it gives a light, glossy tint to your lips.

5)  REVLON Bold Lacquer Mascara (0.24oz FULL-SIZED) plus a coupon for $1.00 off your next purchase - Please excuse the gigantic horror movie about-to-be-gruesomely-murdered expression.  I just wanted you to be able to see the actual before and after results.  Claiming to neither smudge nor flake, I was pleased with the results (with my normal not bulging eyes).  It didn't clump and it showed some definition in my eyelashes.  Not my favorite mascara ever (I was hoping to get the sample of It's So Big! Volumizing Mascara), but it will definitely get used for day-to-day wear.

Another lovely Beauty Box 5.  Looking forward to August's box... seems forever away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment