Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, June 12, 2014

The (eBay) Glossybox I "Won"

I was under the impression I was buying the complete set of Bergdorf Goodman products from the May Glossybox.  That's what I get for not doing my research.  I did get 11 items, four of which came from the BG box, and the $25 BG gift card, so I'm trying not to beat myself up too much for what I paid to get a poor representation of the sold-out box I was really wanting.  I'll know better next time.  What's done is done.  Que sera, sera.  Don't cry over spilled milk.  Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.  Whatever.

The box I received included:
  • Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer (0.5oz) from BG
  • Alterna CAVIAR CC Cream (0.85oz) from BG
  • Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue (0.24oz) from BG
  • Lancer Eye Contour Lifting Cream (0.17oz) from BG
  • Aqua Spa Relax Body Crème (2oz)
  • Caldrea Body Wash No. 3 Coconut Fig Leaf (1oz)
  • Eva NYC Mane Tamer Leave In Conditioner (3.38oz)
  • Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask (0.5oz)
  • Dermis8 Exfoliating Soap Bar (0.88oz)
  • Mee Beauty Bee Nourished Eye Cream (0.25oz)
  • bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick (0.05oz)
Even though I was disappointed that I didn't get what I thought I was paying for, I have not tried any of these items so it will be fun trying out all of my new products.  I'm currently on subscription box/free-samples-in-the-mail overload so I won't be reviewing anything right now.  Maybe I'll revisit this post later on when I have time.

What I am absolutely tickled pink about is the purchase I made with my $25 gift card from Bergdorf Goodman.  An 8oz bottle of B. The Product Conditioned Perfected by Brandon Martinez.  Regularly $30, I paid only $5 (unless you count all the money I spent on the box, which I'm trying not to).  I adore high quality shampoos and conditioners.  This one has no sulphates, parabens or sodium chloride, but does have argan oil to add shine and soften, orange oil to seal cuticles, and pro-vitamin B5 to condition and add volume.  What a treat.  I will definitely update this post with a review of this product.

Until then, make sure you read the fine print when ordering from regular Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment