Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Scentcrafters Custom Perfume... Not a Box

This post is not about a box or samples, but I am so overwhelmed by what I received I thought it deserved a post of its own, in addition to being listed on my page, Websites to Try (Or Not Try).

Scentcrafters is a company that allows you to create your own custom perfume from start to finish.  Each 3.4 ounce bottle is $39.99 plus $6.95 priority shipping, which is often less than most quality perfumes that you buy from department stores.  They are bottled in a variety of Italian glass bottles.  They can also replicate discontinued or expensive scents from the high-end fragrance houses. Your purchase comes with a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.

I'm very sensitive to fragrances and often have allergic reactions to perfumes, but I really wanted to try this.  I started by choosing my favorite scent.  My favorite scent hands-down is fresh honeysuckle.  Every time I smell it, I'm reminded of home, growing up with my grandma and grandpa because the road to their house was lined with honeysuckle bushes.  I definitely wanted honeysuckle to be the primary scent in my perfume. 

From there you can choose to follow recipes that they have already tested to be delightful, or you can create your own recipe.  I wanted to customize my experience to the fullest and decided to create my own.  You can select from Flowers/Plants, Masculine Scents, Fruits, Mixed Scents, Exotic Scents and Miscellaneous Scents.  I'm partial to florals so I chose jasmine and magnolia blossom from the Flowers/Plants, but I also love fresh smells so in addition I picked China rain from the Exotic Scents and baby powder from the Miscellaneous Scents.

The next step is to name your product and design the bottle.  When I think of those honeysuckle bushes, I remember seeing hummingbirds feeding from them so I thought "Hummingbird" was a fitting name.  You can also upload a logo to be etched on your bottle.  I found a delicate, lovely hummingbird silhouette for mine.  If you would like your fragrance colored, you can select light blue, light yellow, light pink or clear.  My favorite color is blue.  Then you choose the bottle shape you would like.  I loved the rounded, thin bottle with the square top.  I also found that one practical because the front of the bottle would be big enough to fit my hummingbird image and name.

A little over a week from when I placed my order, the box came in the mail.  The presentation was stunning.  A light blue perfume in a lovely bottle with a delicate hummingbird hovering over the fragrance name.  The smell... oh, the smell is divine!  Very fresh and not at all overwhelming.  I've had it on for over an hour as I type and I have not developed a headache, my eyes are not itchy and watery, and there are no rashes on my skin.  I could not be happier.  I'm actually giddy.  I will wear this every day and I have not worn perfumes regularly for years!  I strongly endorse this product, and plan to buy more of my personal fragrance as gifts for family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment