Memebox

Memebox

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Birchbox (June 2014)

June's Birchbox came last week but I had just received the May Birchbox and June's Beauty Box 5, along with a ton of samples in the mail, so I apologize that I am only now getting around to reviewing it.  Seems every other blogger on the net had theirs finished already.

This month's box was once again filled with more boxes. :-)

Actually everything appeared very elegant.  I'm feeling a little hoity-toity about trying it all, like I'm about to have my own little spa day.

Here we go:


1)  Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face - Think I love this stuff.  It's very creamy and leaves a matte softness to your skin.  I was afraid of the tint because of my ivory coloring, but it didn't really make a difference.  The 0.17oz sample I would refer to as deluxe because it doesn't take much at all to coat your face.  I'll probably get at least ten uses from the small tube.

2)  Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion - This generous 1.5oz sample is an antioxidant-rich moisturizer that smooths and softens with botanicals like grape seed.  It goes on not too thick and dries quickly, leaving no greasy feeling on your skin, but instead a luxurious silkiness that lasts for hours.  There's not much of a scent.  It is just light and fresh.

3)  Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum - "A blend of mandarin, rose and sandalwood that evokes a carefree, summertime vibe."  Packaged in a nice 0.5mL spray bottle, the scent is little bit strong, and a little bit mature for me.  Sandlewood seems to be the base note so there's a muskiness to it.  The fragrance is not unpleasant at all.  It's just missing the freshness and clean smell that I prefer.

4)  Number 4 Hair Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner - The shampoo came in a 1oz bottle which should be good for two uses, but the conditioner was a foil packet.  I usually like foil packets even though there's normally only one application because of all the samples I receive, but not when it's conditioner.  I would have needed two to saturate all of my hair.  I used it along with a little of my normal conditioner.  Personally, I wasn't impressed with either product.  The smell is a tad old-ladyish.  Not too overwhelming but just enough to get on your nerves.

5)  Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - This 20g tube is a good size for a long trial period.  I just didn't like the grittiness.  The micro-crystals were too small to get cleaned off well.  I'm still getting little chunks of exfoliate out of the corners of my eyes. 

I was pretty blown away by my first Birchbox from May, which is good because I wasn't impressed with this one.  The body lotion and sunscreen were great finds, so it's worth it.  I will definitely be buying more Coola... or maybe I'll get lucky and get more in a future beauty box.

 
Until next month, remember your sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment