Memebox

Memebox

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beauty Box 5 (June 2014)

Right off the bat the thing I liked about Beauty Box 5, opposed to Birchbox, is that the products are not triple boxed, so way to save the planet, Beauty Box 5!  There are a bunch of paper crumples inside but that seems to just be a relatively biodegradable packing material to keep the samples from shifting too much.

This kit looked pretty awesome.  I was very excited to try all of the products.  All of the products are listed to the left, but as full sized and with the prices.  Even though there are five items listed, technically there was nine in the box.  I'll jump right in with my review.

1)  Organix Coconut Water Shampoo & Conditioner - each packet is 7.4mL, so just enough for one shampoo, but not quite enough for a conditioning.  It boasts being ultra-light and weightless, charged with electrolytes and coconut oil to give your hair a silky, healthy shine.  I loved the way my hair felt as I washed out the shampoo.  Usually it feels kind of coarse, like it's being stripped.  It was unfortunate that there wasn't enough conditioner.  I had to use my standby after rinsing it out.  Both had a nice smell, like pina colada.

2)  Eslor Introductory Collection Calming Kit - this one is very exciting.  The kit comes with a Soothing Refiner & Cleanser, a Replenishing Scrub, a Comforting Mask, and a Soothing Cream.  Each sample is 0.17oz.  Even though there's enough for two uses of each (with the exception of the mask), I pretty much just used it all up.  I liked each product.  They smelled light and refreshing, and didn't experience any discomfort from having sensitive skin.  The scrub was definitely my favorite.  The granules were not as rough as other scrubs.  There's definitely too much lotion to use up in one use, so I'll finish it up tonight before I go to bed.

3)  VitaBath Body Wash (Wild Red Cherry) - at 2oz, this is a nice sized, almost travel sized, bottle of body wash.  The fragrance is wonderful.  It really is reminiscent of a wild cherry.  When I stepped out of the shower my husband said that the whole house smelled like cherries.

4)  Nicka K New York Nail Color (FULL SIZE!) - there is no nail color listed on the bottle, but it looks like a true red to me.  Pulling the brush out, my first impression was that the bristles were quite wild, sticking out everywhere.  I was extra careful when applying.  What was surprising is that the color went on smoothly and only required one coat, no transparency.  I'm personally not a red polish kind of girl, but I liked the quality and consistency.  I would probably enjoy this in a different shade.




5)  Glam Natural Mascara - I'm not sure what size this is, small but pretty average for a sample.  I was disappointed in the quality.  As you can see from the pictures to the right, even though the lighting is clearly different, there was not much change in the appearance of my lashes, other than smooshing a few together.  It is vegan, gluten-free, paraben-free, and hypoallergenic.  Unfortunately that does not really make it a worthwhile mascara to purchase.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the box.  The toiletry products alone made for a very luxurious shower experience.  The VitaBath was amazing!  I will totally be purchasing the full-sized version.  I'm not sure I would buy any of the other products though except maybe the coconut water shampoo.  I'd like to use the conditioner again to see if a larger amount would make a difference.  This is a great first Beauty Box 5, and I'm looking forward to my July box.

No comments:

Post a Comment