Memebox

Memebox

Friday, May 30, 2014

Graze nibblebox (February through March 2014)

February 16, 2014

I absolutely loved everything I received in my first (FREE) box.  Each additional box is $6.  You can elect to receive your deliveries weekly, biweekly, or monthly.  I'm personally set up for the biweekly orders.

My first order consisted of:
  • Chocolate Orange Flapjacks, a rustic rolled oat flapjack with chocolate and orange.  It had the consistency of a granola bar and tasted very much to me like and orange scone.
  • Cherries & Berries, a delightful medley of cherries, lingonberries, cranberries and jumbo raisins.
  • Lightly Toasted Pistachios, roasted pistachios with a touch of salt.  There was nothing particularly special about these.  You could probably get the same quality in any grocery store.  But I love me some pistachios.
  • Brooklyn Bites, a surprisingly delectable mix of poppyseed pretzels, cheese cashews and roasted pumpkin seeds.

When you "Love" the treats they prepare for you upon reviewing the order, they will send them again, and quickly, so be sure you truly like the items and are anxious to enjoy them again.

March 2, 2014

My second box was a mixture of "Loves" and "Likes", so still a pleasant experience:
  • Hot Cross Yum, sponge pieces, cinnamon and honey almonds and orange infused raisins, really was reminiscent of a hot cross bun, or at least how I'd imagine a hot cross bun to taste.  It was really delicious.
  • Chili and Honey Almonds, roasted almonds with a chili and honey glaze.  Sounds like a not-so-spectacular combination but I was very surprised at just how great these tasted.  Chili and honey go well together, and has definitely opened my taste buds up to more sweet and spicy concoctions in the future.
  • Garden of England was a dried fruit trio of mini strawberries, blackcurrants and soft apple pieces.  Tasty as it was, I could probably find something similar at the supermarket.
  • Salsa Fresca, a tomato salsa fresca with cheesy sombreros, is no longer available, but as I recall the sombreros were okay but I did not care too much for the salsa itself.

"Liked" treats will also find themselves again in a box in the future, but not nearly as quickly as the "Loved" items.

March 16, 2014

The third box was another assortment of "Loves" and "Likes", but it was also the first time that I recall having a "Hates".
  • Toffee Apple, sticky toffee sauce with granny smith apple slices, was wonderful.  The toffee sauce was similar to a buttery caramel sauce.
  • Tropical Daiquiri was tasty (pineapple, green mango and lime infused raisins) but nothing to write home about.
  • Natural Vanilla Seeds, vanilla seeds and vanilla pumpkin seeds, were alright but a little to dessert-y for my love of seeds.
  • Bonnie Wee Oatbakes, red onion marmalade with cheese and chive oatbakes, was less than desirable.  I ate the rather flavorless "oatbakes", but just could not bring myself to consume more than a couple of bites of the marmalade.  I cannot think of the proper words to describe it.  It was onion-y.  Also sweet and bitter.  A flavor I can only hope to never have to taste again.

March 30, 2014

By the fourth box, I kinda felt like they weren't trying to impress me anymore.
  • Raspberry & Coconut Muffins, a blend of amaretti drops, raspberry infused cranberries, almond slices and coconut flakes, just... tasted wrong, as did...
  • Herby Bread Basket, mini basil breadsticks, garlic crostini and oregano rice crackers.
  • Summer Berry Flapjacks, rustic rolled oat flapjack with berry-infused cranberries, brought the box back up to an edible level.  They were pretty good but not quite as good as the chocolate orange flapjacks that came in my first box.
  • Jalapeno Fiesta, a mix of jalapeno peanuts, roasted sunflower seeds, salsa almonds and roasted pumpkin seeds weren't bad.  Strange flavors, but they combined nicely.  I hope to try them again.

So now I know that the selections can be hit or miss, but I was still looking forward to my next box.

I shall continue my reviews of Graze in a future blog.  Until then, try to have fun and live each day to the fullest.      

No comments:

Post a Comment